During this years annual BTBCF Director's meeting it was discussed about refreshing our committee member list and to seek out some new people to join the committee. I am pasting below what we ask of our committee members - which being a former committee member, I can tell you right now, it's not a lot!
If after reading the following you have questions or would like to join the committee, please feel free to comment on this post and we would all be happy to help!
We hope to hear from interested members!
1) Come up with ideas, thoughts and any suggestions to make the foundation better.
2) Spread the word about the foundation and what we do.
3) Where applicable, encourage friends, family and fellow forum posters to attend the annual fiesta
4) Solicit donations from local businesses and friends for the fiesta or the silent auction.
5) Help promote the annual Dream Vacation Giveaway by seeking donations to the foundation in exchange for a voucher. Note we are not selling tickets for the draw.
6) For those of you who are lucky to be located in the Dominican Republic, help us expand the drop off and delivery options for tourists with material donations.
Ways in which you can show your involvement
1) Add “B.T.B.C.F. Committee Member” to your online forums signature block
2) Follow our various Social Media accounts (if you have a corresponding account) and share with your followers.
3) Participate and share your ideas with other committee members through our online forum.
We welcome committee members who are involved with other charities and would not expect you to shy away from your other charities. In fact, we have worked with other charities with which we share common goals.
By accepting our offer we do not expect you to attend the annual fiesta, if you are not able to attend that is your business. If you can attend, we would love to have you there.