Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Buying in Cabarete

Question for everyone,

My family loves Cabaete and a very close friend told us about a gentleman who is going to be selling off a number of bungalos just a few minutes from beach. Is 40k good for a bungalo just several minutes off the beach. I cannot say where because this is supposed to be kept quiet for a short bit longer but we will have first choice for a unit. Has pool, beautiful grounds, restaurant, and more.

your opinion plese…

sorry have an eye infection cannot see key board to good…

:o

Welcome to Debbie’s board.

The regulars here are mostly experts in the all-inclusive hotels in the DR, not on real estate. There is a real estate forum on www.dr1.com.

Tom

Yes, you’ll likely have better results on DR1, but you should also get some responses here. Personally, I think $40K sounds too good to be true. And if it sounds that way, it likely is. If not, I’d like to hear about it …

$40k for a bungalow, with pool etc… let me know…will retire tomorrow!!!

OK…take everything you know about business, buying property, real estate law etc. that you have learned in North America (I assume) and toss that knowledge out because it will have no validity in the D.R. Tread very slowly and be very careful of who you are dealing with because in the D.R. whom you are dealing with is most likely NOT whom you are actually dealing with.

There is 1 way to go to the Dominican Republic and come home with 1 million dollars; start with 2 million.

yeap,
40K for a whole bungalow with it’s pool and grounds,
i may consider to move to the northshore.
what that rate includes?
check if there is a real title on the property which you can transfer on your name.
heck, 40k WOULD DOWN HERE BE MAYBE ENOUGH TO MAKE A GREAT SWIMMING POOL, WITH THE BUNGALOW INCLUDED IN THAT POOL RATE SOUNDS LIKE A “VERY VERY GOOD” DEAL TO ME.
check out that property in details and do not trust “friends”.
Mike

We bought a house in Sosua after shopping up and down the North coast and 40 thousand for what you described sounds VERY inexpensive and as always in life, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. If you want to buy property in the D.R. then the number one thing you should do is get in contact with a good real estate agent. We can recommend Jim Belair who owns American Realty DR. He worked very hard for us and is still a friend who we see each time we go down to stay at the house.

check out http://www.dr1.com/realestate/Cabarete.html

other locations here

http://dr1.com/realestate/by_location.html