Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Cabarete and Samana

Hey Guys,

I have some questions concerning the city Cabarete and the peninsula Samana. I will go for vacation to Cabarete with my boyfriend at the beginning of April this year. We will stay at the resort “Viva Wyndham Tangerine”. Now I have a few questions concerning on the one hand the beach- is it really that windy and the sea that wavy I read a few times in the Internet? Can you go for snorcheling there or´s the sea too wavy? and what about the sand, is it “typical” caribean? :wink:

then I also have a question of Samana…we´re planning a one day excursion and want to see the waterfalls of El Limon in combination with a beach of Samana. Which beach is the nicest one at Samana in your opinion? And why?

I know, these are a lot of questions, but would be very glad, to get some answers :slight_smile:

Greetings from Germany!

I stayed at the Tangerine last Jan. Yes it very wavy, thats why its called the “kite surfing capital of the world”. But there were days where it was fine and you can go in and cool off from the sun. You won’t be able to snorkel there from what i found anyway. Just to wavy for that.

You’ll enjoy yourself here. The staff are awesome.