Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Cadeca @ Santiago de Cuba airport

Just read over at TA that this Cadeca has been removed. :o
(This was posted yesterday).
Can anyone verify this, and if so, what’s a traveler to do without Pesos 'till you get to the hotel? ???
I can’t make that long ride without a Cristal or 3!! ;D

There’s been a lot of uproar on TA over the Cadeca in Cayo Coco ripping off people with rates much worse than they are supposed to post.

I posted here a month ago that they have removed all the Cadecas from hotels in Cayo Coco so it appears to be a growing trend.

I have paid for beer on the bus with Canadian bills and on the last trip, the tour guide took coins for the beer from someone.

We were there Feb 15-22 and I confirm that the cadeca still was operational at the departure and arrivals part of the airport… I can’t see them closing it down at the departures as the Cadeca is located next to the 25cuc payment departure tax window.
I have a co-worker leaving later this week for Santiago de Cuba and I will ask him to let me know if they are still open upon his return.

Can’t comfirm, but seems a couple times when I didnt want to wait in the line to exchange money at the airport, they took my Canadian money.

Then on the way back home, they were offering to give me Canadian back for any pesos that I had left. This was at Varadero last year, so not sure about other airports.

[quote=@ald1]We were there Feb 15-22 and I confirm that the cadeca still was operational at the departure and arrivals part of the airport… I can’t see them closing it down at the departures as the Cadeca is located next to the 25cuc payment departure tax window.
I have a co-worker leaving later this week for Santiago de Cuba and I will ask him to let me know if they are still open upon his return. [/quote]

Thanks ald1… we’re heading out Wednesday, so your information is timely.
I’ll make sure I have a stash of $5 bills as well!
Hola!!

[quote=@ontgunner][quote=@ald1]We were there Feb 15-22 and I confirm that the cadeca still was operational at the departure and arrivals part of the airport… I can’t see them closing it down at the departures as the Cadeca is located next to the 25cuc payment departure tax window.
I have a co-worker leaving later this week for Santiago de Cuba and I will ask him to let me know if they are still open upon his return. [/quote]

Thanks ald1… we’re heading out Wednesday, so your information is timely.
I’ll make sure I have a stash of $5 bills as well!
Hola!![/quote]

Right on OntGunner…have a great trip…
Note that if the Cadeca is usually real busy at the arrival area (walking out of your arrival door on your left).
If there is a line up go to the departure area… you can walk in and usually nobody in line the cadeca is located towards the right when you walk in (shhhh it’s a secret :wink: ).
another little secret :wink: the Cristal is 1.50 cuc outside. Walk up the stairs next to the departure area and there is a little bar upstairs. the beer is sold for 1 cuc… ;D :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: :wink:
have a great trip. oh the Club amigo Los corales is about a 3 beer ride (50 - 60 minutes)

[quote=@ald1]

Right on OntGunner…have a great trip…
Note that if the Cadeca is usually real busy at the arrival area (walking out of your arrival door on your left).
If there is a line up go to the departure area… you can walk in and usually nobody in line the cadeca is located towards the right when you walk in (shhhh it’s a secret :wink: ).
another little secret :wink: the Cristal is 1.50 cuc outside. Walk up the stairs next to the departure area and there is a little bar upstairs. the beer is sold for 1 cuc… ;D :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: :wink:
have a great trip. oh the Club amigo Los corales is about a 3 beer ride (50 - 60 minutes)[/quote]

Thanks for the tips… I’ll keep it quiet :wink: :smiley:

[quote=@ontgunner]Just read over at TA that this Cadeca has been removed. :o
(This was posted yesterday).
Can anyone verify this, and if so, what’s a traveler to do without Pesos 'till you get to the hotel? ???
I can’t make that long ride without a Cristal or 3!! ;D[/quote]

Don’t always believe what you read over there ::slight_smile: BTW where did you read that? I am going to Santiago and have been trying to follow as many threads as possible and didn’t see that one.

Apparently there was a big fuss and excitement about the “new Cadeca” at Holguin arrivals. Turns out some “expert” mistook the “lost and found” for this . ::slight_smile: