Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Cameleon Villas Jibacoa from Halifax?

I was at this resort last year and cannot seem to find it this year from Halifax. It was offered by Nolitours but they do not seem to be offering anything from Halifax this year. Am I missing something really obvious? ???

No daj, you’re not missing anything.

Last fall, Transat Vacations /Nolitours was offering a places at Cameleon Villa Jibacoa out of Halifax for just a few flights which sold immediately. When those places were sold, no others were offered. Even my travel agent was not able to book it. :frowning:

There is an Air Transat flight from Halifax that arrives two hours prior to the Air Transat flight from Toronto, so I thought that I would be able to wait at the airport & take the same ground transportation, but Air Transat would not allow it. Even after speaking with the Transat Vacations /Nolitours agents in Montréal, there was absolutely no flexibility. :frowning:

It is really frustrating, as there are Transat Vacations /Nolitours flights to Varadero several times per week from Halifax, and Cameleon Villas Jibacoa is available from both Montréal and Toronto, but there is no possibility to combine them. So a vacation there now requires a connector (and probably overnight stay) in TO or Mtl. Luckily, the prices have fallen though, and two weeks from Mtl. is about $1100., taxes in.

Yeah, I was quite disappointed Nolitours wasn’t flying out of Halifax for Cam Jibacoa as well. I had a great two weeks there last year. Hopefully Nolitours will reconsider for next year. I managed to get a good deal for Club Puntarena though so all is not lost!

Fingers crossed for next year I guess. I’ve been to Cuba about 10 times and have never found a place that has the feel of CVJ in terms of its intimacy and friendliness (as well as the wonderful snorkling). In case we face the same situation next year, is there another place that is similar to this resort?

daj:

I am in the same boat. I spent 2 lovely weeks at the CVJ last April and was quite pissed when Nolitours stopped offering it out of Halifax. This year we are trying out the Blau Costa Verde in Holguin. This will be our first trip there but I am told the snorkeling is good, though not at good as in Jibacoa. However we did get a rocking deal out of Halifax so at least we are getting out Cuba fix this year without breaking the bank.

Jenn

I couln’t get CVJ this year either, I just got back from Varadero ;D

I did the taxi trip to Havana and stopped in Santa Cruz del Norte to visit friends and also stopped at the CVJ to visit a friend that works at the front desk. If I had more time I would have got some snorkling in!

The place seems the same, very quiet. Had a drink at the lobby bar before we left, :wink: it put the drinks at the Varadero resort we were staying at to shame!

[quote=@dargamel]I couln’t get CVJ this year either, I just got back from Varadero ;D

I did the taxi trip to Havana and stopped in Santa Cruz del Norte to visit friends and also stopped at the CVJ to visit a friend that works at the front desk. If I had more time I would have got some snorkling in!

The place seems the same, very quiet. Had a drink at the lobby bar before we left, :wink: it put the drinks at the Varadero resort we were staying at to shame![/quote]

I can still taste the Spanish coffees I had every night after dinner! Yum!

We were lucky and booked in Oct of last year out of Hfx - leave in 9 days! Was at the Blau Holguin last year and wanted to go back this year but when a deal came up for the Cameleon decided to book.
We are very excited it seems like the perfect place for much needed R&R! ;D