Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Cameleon Villas Jibacoa from Halifax

Has anyone else noticed that Cameleon Villas Jibacoa is no longer being listed on the major websites, tripcentral, flightcenter, ect. as available from Halifax.

It still seems to be available from Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, ect. The Breezes in Jibacoa is still listed as available from Halifax.

What gives? Does anyone know what’s up with this?

Thanks.

Jenn

I checked and it would appear Nolitours is not operating from Halifax, at least not for the dates I looked at. I believe Nolitours exclusively sells CVJ, so that would be why you can’t find it.

This year when we were looking to book at this resort it was no longer available through Nolitours leaving from Winnipeg either. :-/
We ended up finding it offered through Transat Holidays with WestJet as the charter. :smiley:

eeefarm:

What I find odd is that the CVJ was listed on a number of travel sites as recently as last week. Thanks to Nolitours it appears my vacation planning is going to be a ‘tad’ more difficult this year. I suspect it will be rather difficult to match the peace & quiet, snorkeling, and relaxed atmosphere at the price we paid for 2 weeks last year at the CJV ($1250/person) from Halifax. Ah the ‘joys’ of comparison shopping…lol.

Jenn

[quote=@jlynn2]eeefarm:

What I find odd is that the CVJ was listed on a number of travel sites as recently as last week. Thanks to Nolitours it appears my vacation planning is going to be a ‘tad’ more difficult this year.[/quote]
Jenn, do you have a travel agent? It might be possible to put in a request if they have been selling CVJ from there…if the plane is not full for those trips you saw, there may be some hope of getting that deal still…worth a try! (I’ve gone this route in the past after something I was watching disappeared. Depends on circumstances, but sometimes a good TA can work miracles!) BTW, it’s eeee (for ease) :smiley:

eeee:

Thanks for the suggestion. It is one I had planned on exploring once the holiday madness is done. I know there are enough planes going to Veradero from Halifax. I just need to secure 2 seats …;).

The other thing that I am still looking into though is the pricing this year. For last year’s trip to CVJ, if memory servers the price for 2 weeks was about 150% of the one week price. So far this year most of the prices I am seeing for 2 weeks are 200% of the one week price. Am i missing another something in relation to this years pricing structures?

Jenn

An alternative looks like Cojimar in Cayo Guillermo.
Seems to be a good cheap 3 star.
Not a bad area for snorkling, great diving.
Very quiet. ;D