Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Canjet Carry-On - How Strict are they?

I was just wondering how strict Canjet was with it’s sizing of the carry on item? The website states the size including wheels and handles is 9 x 16 x 20 in. I have a carry on case that is less than the first 2 measurements but 0.25 inches over in height (20.25 instead of 20). What are the chances of getting hassled over that .25"? Trying to maximize the size of the carry on and this would fit the bill as long as it wouldn’t be a problem.

Thanks!!

Bryan…we used CanJet a few years ago for one of our trips & our carry-on size wasn’t an issue, although we did measure it well before we left just to make sure. I didn’t see anyone have their carry-on put into the “measuring rack”, but I’m sure if the staff were unsure, then it got measured ! We were more concerned about staying within the weight limit ( & I see that their weight limit now is 10kg/22 lbs for carry-on)
http://www.canjet.com/en/home/travel-tools/travel-policies/baggage.aspx#1

[quote=@bryanbrown]I was just wondering how strict Canjet was with it’s sizing of the carry on item? The website states the size including wheels and handles is 9 x 16 x 20 in. I have a carry on case that is less than the first 2 measurements but 0.25 inches over in height (20.25 instead of 20). What are the chances of getting hassled over that .25"? Trying to maximize the size of the carry on and this would fit the bill as long as it wouldn’t be a problem.

Thanks!![/quote]

ive never seen a airline that precise with there size … as I have seen some very large carry ons !!! weight yes, size not so much

Bryan I got away from using a suitcase carry on and went with a nice back pack… they hold lots, they are soft and pliable, and are hands free which is great when you have to show all that documentation, also nice when you hare wheeling your checked luggage you dont have 2 suitcases bouncing of each other,

My experience is very recent. We arrived home at Pearson at 3:00 am this morning and are still in transit home (airport stopover hotel). Both our carryons had to be placed on the weigh scales, inspected and weighed. As northernale said, they seemed more concerned with weight rather than size. I wouldn’t worry too much about the .25" but the weight YES. The guy ahead of me got charged overweight on his checked luggage and he was only a kilo over.

CanJet allowed us free baggage weight to take a load of supplies.