Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Car and Bike hire

Anyone out there know where I can hire a good 4x4 or mountain bike on the North coast?

I have tried a few over the past few trips but always been a bit let down and want to make sure I get something good this time around

cheers

K<

I will say one thing unless you have been to the DR many times forget about renting a vehicle, hire a driver, A gringo in a rental car is like a game animal in the cross hairs of the scope of a hunting rifle.

I have been to Dr many times and rented alot of bikes and cars and found people to be nothing but friendly and helpful hence my actual question…

K<

try dr1.com some of the expat’s living there might be able to informe you on that. also where on north coast would also help.

I agree Kurt! I have driven all over this island and have had nothing but a wonderful adventure! I do think “timid” drivers will have have a difficult time. Go with the flow and enjoy. I have never I repeat EVER felt like a target.

I have found some of the best rates at Avis in POP. There are a lot of rental car places but you need to be careful.