Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Casa Particular in Habana Vieja

So, we are 3 months away from our annual two weeks of R&R at Breezes Jibacoa. We always plan an overnight stay at a Casa in Habana Vieja. Sadly, the Casa we usually stay at was just sold so we are on the hunt for a new place to stay. I’ve narrowed the search down to 3 Casas: Casa Colonial 1715, Casa Maura and Casa Lourdes. I’m hoping someone here has stayed at any of these 3 or knows someone who has and can give me their take on them. Suggestions for other casas would also be welcome.
Hubby’s going to put out feelers on his cigar forum as a lot of the guys stay at Casas in Havana.
Years ago, we came to Debbie’s looking to narrow down our search for a resort and, thanks to input here, we discovered Breezes Jibacoa and never looked back. Now, I’m hoping for the same results for a Casa. :slight_smile:
Thanks

We ( 2 couples) stayed at Casa Lourdes last April for 3 nights and loved it!..I booked it through Pototo in advance. 25CUC per room and 4 CUC each for a great breakfast. We certainly felt welcome and will stay there again. Lourdes speaks some english and her daughter speaks excellent english. This casa is in a great location…when you step out of the front door and look up the street you are looking at the Capitalio…everything in Habana Vieja is within easy walking distance.

Thanks, hossafus, for your insights…much appreciated. Decisions, decisions ::), all three look great. Was there any kind of patio/balcony/terrace for sitting out on?

there was a small balcony overlooking the street…great for people watching.

Consider Casa Evora at Prado #20

Hi Radar,
Evora’s was the casa we stayed at in the past and loved it. Talk about location, location, location :smiley: We discovered this casa through cigar buddies of my hubby’s and, at a recent get together, he was told that Evora has sold her property and the casa is no more :’(. So, that’s why we are looking.

I doubt we’ll find another casa with views like those from Evora’s that we so enjoyed but we are eager for new experiences & views:

Just booked with Casa Maura :slight_smile: I’ll do a review of it after we get back. Hossafus, we’ll wander over to Casa Lourdes and take a look because it was a strong contender and I’m curious.

Casa Lourdes doesn’t look like much from street level so, for anyone who would like to check it out, it would be best to go inside to see the place…it is like many other Casas in Cuba in that it doesn’t look like anything special from the outside…

Very true, hossafus, and that goes for restaurants, also. For Havana, especially Habana Vieja, don’t judge the book by it’s cover :slight_smile: I’ve seen photos of the inside but I’m more interested in checking out location of the various casas that caught my eye so that will be the main reason for tracking it down. If we aren’t happy with the one we selected for this coming Feb. there’s always the following year. :slight_smile: