Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Catalonia Room Suggestions?

Hello All,
I was wondering if someone could please give me a suggestion about room requests at the Catalonia. My husband and I will be there for a week at the end of December to the new year. We want to make the trip special as we are celebrating 7 years of marriage and the first overseas trip away from our 2.5 year old daughter.
I have found the contact information for the hotel…but I have never been to this resort before so I am unsure of where/what to ask for. We are flying Transat and the provider is Nolitours.

Thank you so much in advance, hope you can help!
Melissa a.k.a. “flyingsoon”

We just came back from the Catalonia. We were there Nov 22-29. We e-mailed them the week before to ask for a top floor room, king bed and close to the ocean. We got room 311, just what we asked for.

Building 1 is on the beach and was being renovated (no noise) and building 3, where we were, was right behind it.

There is a lot of construction on the Royal side (lots of noise). Our building was the furthest away from all that and was perfect. Close to the beach, the beach buffet, pool and bars.

We are also going over Christmas but with 3 teens, would building 1 be appropriate or is it in the adult only section?

Good building right on the beach at the north side of resort. Note that there is some coral directly off the beach at this location, use the water are to the south of the beach bar.