Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Cayo Coco Decision

Last year we went to the Cayo Coco Melia, and fell in love with Cayo Coco. This year we want to go back at the beginning of April with our two kids (12 & 14). I would go to the Melia again, but its an adult only resort. The last min. deals are great there this year on the ones along the beach. I’ve been looking at the reviews and as always its hard to get a feeling for the other ones close by. ie the Tryp, Krystal, Blau Colonial etc. Ive read some great reviews about the new Blue Bay, but Im having trouble figuring out exactly where it is in Cayo Coco.

Does anyone have any recommendations for which resort we should look closer at… anyone been to more than one of these resorts??

stayed at Tryp a number of years ago…great for families and you can get a day pass to the facilities at the Melia if you want to visit

Have you considered the Melia Cayo Guillermo? It certainly would get my vote!

Blue Bay was just built beside Oasis. It further along the beach from the others, quite secluded.

Well, now we know where to stay away from in April…

Have a good trip TJ… ;D

The Tryp, Krystal and Blau are all within walking distance of each other on the same beach. The Oasis and Blue Bay are much, much further up the beach. :wink: I’ve been to the Oasis and the Blau and I think my kids would prefer the Oasis of those 2. We looked at the Blue Bay and it looked pretty good, a little rough around the edges being new, but that is expected. We walked through both the Tryp and the Krystal a few years back and the Krystal looked nicer… except for the hundreds of spring breakers.