Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Cayo Santa Maria

30 more sleeps. We depart November 14th for the Melia. If there is anyone who has recent returned could you give us a heads up as to the condition of the beach? We tend to migrate to the section west of the Sol. Every year more and more erosion is taking place. It was to the point last year you could not walk the waters edge for probably 50 metres just past the last board walk because of rocks. Has this improved or deteriorated?

We are also going the same time as you to the Melia… this is our first time there, and we’re really looking forward to it. Have you been many times before? Do you like the beach in general? Can you walk and walk and walk? Just helps with the countdown I guess… can we say 29 and a half more days, now that its after noon!!!

We will be there from the 7th to the 21st.

Babas, have you been before??

Absolutely. We were there two years ago for one week and it wasn’t enough. We want to go back before that huge Barcelo is built and the lure of an adults-only resort was the icing on the cake. And yes, you can walk for miles and miles on the beach. That’s one of the pluses of this resort.

Sounds terrific, we can’t wait! Bags are packed already!!

I wish I could say my bags are packed but I’ll probably only pack the morning of our flight. We fly out at 2:00 p.m.

My husband is at Sol right now and says you wouldn’t know there had been a hurricane…both the hotel grounds and the beach are fine. :smiley:

Love to see and hear some recent reviews and insight. We have been to the Sol Club Cayo Largo the last three years in a row and are looking for a change. How does CSM compare?

[quote=@soleil]Love to see and hear some recent reviews and insight. We have been to the Sol Club Cayo Largo the last three years in a row and are looking for a change. How does CSM compare? [/quote]CSM isn’t Cayo Largo, but it’s a pretty nice beach. Long enough for a decent walk. The sand is firmer going east, not so much going west. My husband is just back from Sol, and says the beach is in good shape, although with red flags the last couple of days of his trip, he thinks erosion could become an issue again. Biggest advantage to Cayo Largo, IMHO, is that when the hotel beach is red flagged you always have the option of going to Playa Serina and Playa Paraiso. As far as the resorts go, I would say CSM has the edge in quality.

:slight_smile: We found the sand much more difficult to walk on in CSM than in Cayo Largo. Yes, you can walk for miles and miles - especially towards the east, past Las Dunas and towards the Barcelo. YOu can even walk over the rocks when you get to the “end” to discover some small coves - great for snorkelling.

Have a great time, all of you, and hope you bring back some recent pictures of the beach. It’s a beautiful resort. :-*