Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Ceasars....Motts Clamatoe Juice

I like a good ceasar but find that a lot of countries don’t have Clamatoe Juice. Can you get a real ceasar in the Dominican?

We had “real” Clamato juice at Bavaro Princess last month!

If you want a real ceasar go visit Mark and Colleen at Checkpoint In Sousa…

We have friends that winter over in Puerto Plata. Last year they could get the small cans of clamato in the super mercado, but not the big bottles. Needless to say, we will be hand-carrying a few jugs with us when we visit in January.

8-)Does anyone know if they have Motts at the Bahia in Punta Cana…or should I bring some…

According to Mark at Checkpoint, while Mott’s is available it is incredibly expensive which is why we are bringing down a few bottles with us.

That would be my call as well. And when you return home you can always use the extra space to take home some of that golden amber liquid sunshine that the DR is known for. ;D

I think I’ll take a jug or two to be on the safe side.

Everyone’s right about the Clamato situation here. Last week we noticed they had the SMALL bottles of Mott’s at Playero in Sosua- for around 10 bucks CDN!!!
Last year, our Canadian friends kept our supply up due to my post re: a PLEA for Clamato…did we ever have some great Caesar parties going!
While our supply is starting to run low, a few people have already e-mailed to ask if we need any brought down!
If you are staying at an all inclusive resort, you will have a hard time getting it…it is also useful to add to the watered down draught President they serve…make your own red-eyes and Caesars…but don’t forget to bring your Tobasco, Worchestershire and Celery Salt!!!

We saw lots throughout some smaller markets but the small cans were expensive. Why not load some into a golf bag and then leave it all for Sosua Girl to deal with the leftovers!! And the old clubs and bags can be doanted locally!
Kenn

Great idea about the golf bag, but is only a matter of time before they start weighing the gold bags!!! :frowning:
We didn’t have ceasers at the RIU Bambu BUT we did have incredible Bloody Marys!!! :smiley:

We had Clamato at breakfast and at the loby bar at the Ocean Blue last year.

[quote author=ainsley board=general thread=1130702012 post=1132471708]We saw lots throughout some smaller markets but the small cans were expensive. Why not load some into a golf bag and then leave it all for Sosua Girl to deal with the leftovers!! And the old clubs and bags can be doanted locally!
Kenn
[/quote]
Great idea, Ken! :wink:
A reminder- we are a drop off point for a few local charites- including Mustard Seed, Dream Project and Sosua Kids. We’ll take any sporting equipment, including baseball gloves, balls and bats, etc.

When we were there 2 years ago they had Clamato juice at all of the bars in our resort…none this year. Ceasars were made with tomato juice and lots of spices this year. Did not see celery salt this year either.

I love Caesars too, but I drink them more in the winter than in the summer…they seem too “heavy” and filling as a hot weather drink and I’m not that big a fan to take them with me and add extra weight to my luggage. God forbid that a jug breaks!!! :o For hot weather, cold beer or Smirnoff Black Ice coolers hits the spot. Plus, I like to try new things while away, like mojitos.

If you would like to try a variation on a Caesar, try this:

2 ounces of Finlandia lime flavoured vodka

Motts regular Caesar mix( I find this works better than “the works” version or the one with horseradish)

4 good shakes of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire

1 good squeeze or shake of lime juice(the kind that comes in the plastic bottles). You can use real limes if you want, but I could never tell the difference.

and…rather than tabasco…2 good shakes of Louisiana Hot Sauce

garnish with a garlic kosher dill pickle.

enjoy!! ;D

Bucky you must add the one ingredient…lemon pepper, your recipe is very good but the l.p makes it excellent.

Stayed at Ocean Blue Dec.1-15 and there was NO clamato juice. We went to the Bavaro Plaza and discovered that the bar there had small cans of Motts Clamato . . . $2.50 U.S.!! that was more expensive than the beer!! My husband will never complain about paying $4.00 Canadian for a large bottle again . . . add this to your packing list!!

will give that a try and get back to you!!! ;D

sorry to sound stupid but what is clamato juice? I live in the UK and maybe its just me but I have never heard of it. I presume it is like tomato juice but what is the difference? Is a ceaser similar to a bloody Mary?

Debi

Mott’s is made in Canada, just getting known worldwide, USA and DR recently. Made of Tomato and clam juice excellent with vodka, tobasco and ice