Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Chair rentals in sosua

How much are the chairs (rentals) in sosua (beach) and is it safe to leave your belongings on the chair if you go swimming? ie camera.
thanks
linric

70 to 100 pesos should get you a chair for the day. Of course that will also get you the services of the fellow who rented you the chair to bring you food and drink all the time you are there. He is usually good to keep an eye on your stuff as well. As far as leaving your valuables there, they are likely safe but we usually make sure that someone is at least swimming close to the chairs and not all of us out snorkelling at the reef. Never heard of a problem whenever we have been there but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen.

thank you bakersindr for the reply on this it is very helpful maybe we will take a cheap disposable camera with us to sosua ( not what we wanted , wanted to take some good pics with our other camera).

thanks again
Linric

When we go to Sosua beach for the day, we rent our chairs from a fellow named Luciano. His son works with him and you can usually find them around the area of the modern public washrooms mid-way down the beach. Pretty close to vendor stall #89 or so. We have used his services a few times now, very trustworthy and very attentive. I believe the last time we did this we paid about 60 pesos for the loungers. We’ll be seeing him again in about 51/2 weeks!

I am sorry I don’t understand. Why do you have to rent chairs in Sosua? We’ve never been to that area.

Sosua Beach is a public beach. The only resort close to that beach is Sosua Bay Resort. You rent chairs if you want to spend the day at the beach, in front of the flea market. There are some restaurants and bars, and public bathrooms ($)

Playa Sosua is a public beach not a beach at a resort and everything there is pay as you go.

Gregg

Thank you so much for the clarification! :slight_smile:

Pretty cheap when you realize that 70 peso’s is only about 2 bucks american and you have it for the entire day.

There are some restaurants and bars, and public bathrooms ($)

does this mean you have to pay to use the public bathrooms and if so how much? 

I havent heard of this since a was little and we had to pay 10 cents.

I can’t remember exactly how much to use the bathroom maybe $1US.

[quote=@linric]There are some restaurants and bars, and public bathrooms ($)

does this mean you have to pay to use the public bathrooms and if so how much? 

I havent heard of this since a was little and we had to pay 10 cents.[/quote]
Washrooms were $10RD last Feb. 08

$10 RD would be about $0.35cents US

thanks for all the information on the chair rentals and the price of the washrooms.
will be leaving in 4 days.
thanks again
linric

enjoy