Here are some tips:
- Ask for a discount if you order all your bridal dresses and accessories from one store.
- Instead of using flower bouquets, consider carrying candles, books, bibles, a single flower trimmed with ribbon streamers, wicker baskets or a decorated fan.
- Use balloon bouquets instead of flower bouquets for decorations. Balloons and helium are a fraction of the cost of flowers, yet still look festive. They come in a multitude of colors and you can dress them up with ribbon streamers.
- Look for cake toppers in a craft store or grocery stores. They are usually cheaper than getting them directly from a cake decorating place. Also, if you are a crafty person or know someone who is, create your own cake topper. They are pretty simple to make.
- Reuse your pew markers to decorate doorknobs or other areas of your reception site.