Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Child friendly resort?

Hello!

Any recommendations or ideas for a family friendly resort in Cuba. Possibly Cayo Coco? We will be travelling with a 3 and 5 year old.

I did try doing a search but it pulled hundreds of threads up!.. so appreciate any replies!

Any other tips for a stress free fun family vacation are welcome too! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I would highly recommend Blau Costa Verde out of Hoguin for small children.
I don’t know about a kid’s club, but the pool had a large shallow area (about 6" to 12" deep)
which was so warm. The beach also would be what I consider “small child friendly”.
The resort is very clean but not that huge that you would get tired carrying the
kids around.

Sol Pelicano in Cayo Largo. Iberostar Daiquiri in Cayo Guillermo. Tryp Peninsula in Varadero.

Keep us posted!

Brisas Guardalavaca was great. Went there last year with my 5 yr old daughter. She loved it so much she has been talking about it all year and we are going again in Feb. Went to Varadaro(Tuxpan) the year before with 4 kids (11,9,4 & 2) in our group. The beach is nice but the ocean not as child friendly as Guardalavaca.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will keep you posted once we book!

[quote=@gambitt]Grand Playa Turqesa, in Holguin. 7 pools to chose from, (and an 8th at the Kids Club).

Nice sandy shallow beach, with lots of shade. [/quote]

Have to agree with Gambitt - GPT seemed to be the place for kids. While it was our least favorite of all resorts, we didn’t travel with kids. Checked out the kids club and it was great - they did trips to the beach with the kids to make sand castles, etc. - seemed the kids were having tons of fun!!! If I was taking young children to Cuba I’d be taking them there!!! :wink:

We’ll be back from Oasis Playa Coco on the 23rd of January and will post a review with ‘kid’ details as we are taking our 2.5 and 4 year old.

Have you checked out this link. It has lots of additional pictures and if you go under ‘animation’ and click photos and videos, there are lots of pictures of the kids club facilities. Don’t know how accurate and up to date they are though.

http://www.varvacations.com/vv_top.asp