Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Closest to Mayan Ruins?

Are resorts in Cancun or the Mayan Riviera closer to the Mayan Ruins?? Particularly Coba & Tulum ruins. That will be our major excursion so we want to make sure that we pick a resort in the best location. Thanks

the Mayan what hotel are you staying at

Dreams Tulum is only 5 minutes away from the Tulum ruins.

:slight_smile: Tulum ruins is very popular and people rave about the beach. I’ve been to a more beautiful beach so that part doesn’t interest me much. It’s easily accesible by public transport - no need to do an organized tour.

Coba, on the other hand, is a fair distance away so not so easily accessible by public transport. However, you can climb the ruin which is totally worth the trip. :-*

we haven’t decided on exact resort yet. I was looking along the Mayan Riviera but I wanted to make sure that this would be closer to the (Coba) Ruins before we booked there… Some of the resorts that I’ve been looking at are the Viva Wyndham Maya, Grand Palladium & Ocean Maya.

We stayed at Grand Palladium last year. We took a collectivo to see the Tulum ruins. It was a 25-30 min drive. We took a cab ($90 both ways) to Coba. The drive was over an hour each way. I’d recommend the resort and both Tulum and Coba.