Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Confused about iberostar varadero or laguna

received our etickets today and it has laguna azul as the hotel we are registered for…but also has iberostar varadero jst listed also… so I called itravel to find out if we have been moved and she adv that she will contact transat to find out… anyone else have this on their docs… we leave on Jan 21st…

thanks
Kim ???

I could be wrong…but I believe that the Laguna will not be open until May. That may be why they have both Iberostar’s listed on etickets, to have themselves covered. If the Laguna is not open then they will send you to Varadero. From the pictures posted of the ongoing construction, it’s really hard to believe they will be open for January.

I was looking at booking the laguna azul for march break as it was due to open march 1st. About 6 weeks ago or so…you could no longer book dates for march and i was told this was because they changed their opening to May 1st.

Hey there,

PLEASE NOTE LAGUNA AZUL WILL NOT be open until May!!!

Just a heads up,

Jackie

Thanks for the responses… It has been cleared up with itravel and transat and they are issuing new edocs… I was alittle excited about a “brand new hotel” but then could find anything on it so I thought must still be under construction…

Kim