Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Considering Luperon Beach Resort

Hello,

We travel to Cuba quite a bit, and are considering going to Puerto Plata at Easter this year.

We are looking at the Luperon Beach Resort. I have reserched them on Debbie’s (of course) and Trip Advisor etc, but would really appreciate any comment you would have. Good or bad.

Please let me know what you think of the resort, location, staff etc.

Thank you

We stayed in Luperon in 05. We had absolutly no problems at all and had a fantastic time even though it rained for about 3 days. The only reason I can think of why this resort is rated a 3.5 and not a 4 is because of the location. We stayed at a 4.5 last year and actually prefered Luperon. It’s about 1 1/2 hours from the airport, The drive is a hoot! The resort is fine. Rooms are fine. The food was good. Entertainment staff were good fun and some were quite personable. Its quite a large resort but when we were there it was about 1/2 full so we had lots of room to move around. Disco goes till about 2 a.m. The town of Luperon is about a 15 min walk down the hill. It’s a neat little place, the people are all very friendly and it gives you a great perspective of how the people live in the Dominican countryside. Jumbo gift shop and bank in Luperon is a good place to change your money, he is a great guy. The marina is close altthough we never went there. Luperon Bay is apparently where a lot of sail boats etc. go for shelter during a hurricane.

Now what ticks me off is the people that get on here and complain about the locals coming in on the weekend. Yes it is a little overwhelming to see them all arive on Friday but we never had a problem with any of them. If you live in Alberta does that mean the you can’t or shouldn’t be alowed to go to the Banff Springs? If you live in Nova Scotia does that mean you can’t or shouldn’t go to Peggy’s Cove? If they got the money and can afford to take their family to hotel/resort for the weekend then fine.

Send me a p.m. if you have any more questions and I will try to answer them for you but, if not have a great trip.

I have never been to this resort but after reading the reviews it would go on my list of places I would like to stay at :sunglasses:

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply.