Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Construction next to resort..noisy?

Hello Everyone,

I just received a call from my travel agent warning me that there is construction going on next to the NH Real Arena, and he said it might be “a bit noisy” during our stay (March 16-23). I was wondering if anyone has been to the resort recently, and if they have heard the construction? Do you think the construction would be a problem?? ???

Your answers would be appreciated!

Me, I love a construction site. I love work; I could sit around and watch it for hours (Presidente in hand of course). ;D

The only time it’s going to be a problem is if your room is located adjacent to the contruction site. If you are booked for a Deluxe room, it maybe a possibility. If you upgraded to Paradise Club or Mirage as it’s sometime refer too by TO, then ou should be safe as all those rooms have a garden view or oceanview and are all looking in. Try and picture the resort like a U shape. All Paradise Club/Mirage are inside the U, all Deluxe rooms are outside the U. Depending if you are in building 1 or 2, you could run into some noise. there’a another “review” site and I have read that the construction begins very ealry in the AM and will continue late in the night (they use spot lights) .

Unfortunately, you will not know what building you will be llocated too until you get there. Again, if you upgraded, you should safe but if you didn’t it oculd be an issue. As you are leaving failry soon and it’s now high season, you may not have the upgrade option if you waited until now or even at arrival.

Too bad about the construction, we have been there X2 and it truly is a beautiful place with beautiful people.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your info.
Most of our group has updraded to the better rooms. We booked the mirage concierge with oceanview. We are actually getting married there, which is why I am so concerned! I hope that none of our wedding guests have rooms that are going to be noisy, and I REALLY hope that on our wedding day we are not going to be hearing loud construction during our ceremony. I wanted to get a wedding video done, but will reconsider it if there is going to be alot of ‘unrelaxing’ noise in the background. Is all of the construction going on a new resort complex?
Regardless of the noise, I am still very excited to get there and will not let it ruin my trip or anything. I am just a bit worried, thats all!

Feb 2008, Paradise Club Room, faced the sandbox, were the current construction is going on. It was booked thru a US tour operator. I do believe, the Canadian tour operators offering Mirage rooms did have the inside club rooms facing the pool, not the construction.

If I’m near the construction this time, I’m hoping to get a wheelbarrow ride down to the beach. :sunglasses:

[quote=@subwayslave]Feb 2008, Paradise Club Room, faced the sandbox, were the current construction is going on. It was booked thru a US tour operator. I do believe, the Canadian tour operators offering Mirage rooms did have the inside club rooms facing the pool, not the construction.

If I’m near the construction this time, I’m hoping to get a wheelbarrow ride down to the beach. 8-)[/quote]

Our trips are all booked through Air Transat, and we are flying out of Halifax Nova Scotia. Most people are booked in Paradise rooms, we are Mirage, and there are 2 that are in the deluxe section. I wish for everyone in our group to have nice quiet rooms! …we will see what happens :-/
When you were there during the construction time, was it really loud, or would you hardly notice it?

Congratulations on your upcomming wedding.
When I stayed there no real outdoor construction was going on, it was a year ago. This Jan, I passed by, on a boat tour and could see the buildings going up, Offshore, couldn’t hear anything from the resort.