Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Container packing CHANGED

We are on for the packing starting at 9 AM Dec 20

Good Luck with the packing. :wink:

Freedom Ryder 8-)…

From John Dubois.Hello Friends; This coming saturday, December 20th we will be loading this year’s 9th (and last.) 2008 container for Cuba, loaded with a lot of roofing materials, and relief items for Hurricane victims. It will also contain some medical equipment/supplies, and well as some clothing and footwear for different places in Cuba. As usual , we need your help to make it happen. So if you can squeeze this project into your weekend, please let me know as quickly as possible.We hope to load the roofing materials into the container frday afternoon, and the balance of the goods being sent will be loaded Saturday morning. That will be followed by lunch and suitable refresments. The loading will take place at John & Marion’s residence, at RR# 1 Princeton, starting at around 9.00 am. Any question, call me at 519-458-4362, or (cell) 519-536-0390. Marion and i wish you and your family, a very merry Christmas, and good health peace and prosperity in 2009.Hasta prontoJohn

We had planned to help this Saturday until a family emergency came up this week. We have a couple boxes of new towels and face cloths at our place in Elmira. If we can’t get them to you for this packing, will keep them till spring. Good luck with the packing on Sat and best wishes to all!

Due to todays storm we were not able to get the steel and load it therefore we CANNOT load the container tomorrow…

Unfortunately if we do not get it loaded this weekend it will not get put on a ship until late January so we want to try and do it Sunday…

Any one available?

I am available for Sunday…all will depend on the driving conditions though…just let me know forsure.
Thanks
Meredita

I can do Sunday

Rumrunner, this entire weekend is out for me, Sunday…I better not skip out on family Christmas…lol. Did the truck load of beds and wheelchairs …and I do mean truck load from the north here, make it you way safely on Thursday? I’m glad the truck was the size it was.
Anyways take care, Merry Christmas, and no doubt will catch up with you all in the spring for container packing.

See you then Randy…

ocanada… yes better not miss that… I will check with John on the beds.

To anyone driving any distance… the container is half loaded and it might not be worth your while to come for only a couple of hours.

Rick.

Done, loaded and sealed.
See you next year.
John.

You forgot Frozen…

[quote=@ocanada]Rumrunner, this entire weekend is out for me, Sunday…I better not skip out on family Christmas…lol. Did the truck load of beds and wheelchairs …and I do mean truck load from the north here, make it you way safely on Thursday? I’m glad the truck was the size it was.
Anyways take care, Merry Christmas, and no doubt will catch up with you all in the spring for container packing.[/quote]

Yes beds made it and were loaded yesterday… Thanks a million.

;D another wonderful day at John & Marion’s…a big thank you to John & Marion for the wonderful lunch. And a big thank you to all the volunteers…Merry Christmas to all… ;D Im looking forward to packing in 2009

Great to have you with us Meredita… Mery christmas to you as well…

From John Dubois

…For your information, today’s container was the 9th this year and cummulatively the 55th since December 2001. This load is going to Isla de la Juventud with over 55000 square feet of metal roofing; enough to recover approx 100 houses on the island.

A large amount of the materials on this container are directly related to the donations that were received not only from this forum but from a number of other Cuba related forums as well as a Cigar night that was held recently in Toronto.

A huge thanks from All of Us at the Dubois Charitable Foundation to everone who has helped us provide materials to the peoples of Cuba over the last year.

Here are a few pictures Marion took

Once again, hats off to all of you for a job well done :-* :-* :slight_smile: