Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Container packing Dec 29 2012

HELLO FRIENDS;

Marion and i wish you and your loved ones a Christmas filled with love, joy, and peace, and may you enjoy good health and success during 2013.

Next Saturday, december 29th, we will be loading our next container to Cuba. This load is going to the Santiago area with badly needed materials to help the victims of hurricane Sandy.

While relief and reconstruction efforts continue in that area, the majority of victims are still waiting for the resources necessary to rebuild/repair, or replace what they lost. The contribution that our organization is sending will bring hope and reduce the despair and sickness in that area.

In this container, we will be sending large quantities of Sanitizer material, dehydrated soup, clothing and building materials, as well as kitchen and other household necessities, and medical supplies.

To get this container filled to the brim, quickly and efficiently, we will need many good people, as we have a lot of donated material to process.

The packing will take place at our Woodstock warehouse starting at 9.00 AM and will be followed by an enjoyable hot lunch and refresments.

We know that this is a very busy time of year for most of you,and it’s cold out, but please do what you can to help make a positive difference in these unfortunate peoples’ lives.

My wife and I will try our best to be there. Unless of course, I find coal in my stocking. ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile:

Is there anything else we can bring besides a lump of coal??

Just lots of energy a a big smile

I would like to come help. Not sure where to go. Also, a contact cell phone number or 2 would be helpful if I get lost. Greg.

Hello friends;

Very pleased to announce that the response to help Saturday december 29th ( our final packing of 2012) has been great. Enough people have now commited to brave the cold and participate in this container loading, which will help so many unfortunate and destitute persons and families in the Santiago area.

We are grateful to all those who have taken part in one form or other in our Cuban humanitarian project in 2012. What was accomplished could not have happened without the assistance and support of our volunteers, benefactors, and even well wishers.

To all of you, on behalf of Marion, Eric, Greg and I ( the Foundation’s directors) We heartily thank you, wish you all the best for 2013, and hope to be working together again soon in the pursuit of helping the less fortunate…

Thank you

JLD

Gregster:

As I have just posted we have enough workers for this packing. Thanks for the offer and please watch this forum for news of our next packing which we hope will be in the spring.

Thanks Again

Really great to hear that you have it covered. All the best to everyone. Wish I could be there with you! (even if it is cold and miserable). :smiley: Next time if circumstances allow…

[quote=@marsher]Gregster:

As I have just posted we have enough workers for this packing. Thanks for the offer and please watch this forum for news of our next packing which we hope will be in the spring.

Thanks Again[/quote]

Does that mean that you don’t want me there or am I counted as one of those already counted on? I’m easy either way, just don’t want to show up and not be needed. Gee, I didn’t think I drank that much rum last time. ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile:
Doug

did not seem to me you drank too much rum… but, of course, I could not see you through my glass…

Container filled and on its way to Cuba… I believe this was container 66 of aid for Cuba… what a great way to end the year… thanks to everyone who helped in any way.