Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Coral Marien name change

Someone told me that Coral Marien has changed their name and had been upgraded to a 5*. Does anyone have any info on this?

Kathy

[quote author=kathyns board=Poparea thread=1169335260 post=1169335260]Someone told me that Coral Marien has changed their name and had been upgraded to a 5*. Does anyone have any info on this?

Kathy[/quote]

See:

http://debsdrtravels.proboards47.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1168883649

Gregg

[quote author=kathyns board=Poparea thread=1169335260 post=1169335260]Someone told me that Coral Marien has changed their name and had been upgraded to a 5*. Does anyone have any info on this?

Kathy[/quote]
We were there over New years and they are now called Coral Marien Resorts. I don’t think you would suggest it is a 5 STAR but a great resort. Email if you need more information

My husband and I are going there in mid Feb. ;D ;D ;D It looks really nice from the site that Gregg have given us all. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks again Gregg :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

hey just a quick and desperate question; i know they have changed their name but does anyone possible have a contact email for this hotel as I need to contact them in regard to my wedding. I have been sending emails for 4 weeks and no answer.
Thanks for any help

[quote author=suefromns board=Poparea thread=1169335260 post=1169432063]hey just a quick and desperate question; i know they have changed their name but does anyone possible have a contact email for this hotel as I need to contact them in regard to my wedding. I have been sending emails for 4 weeks and no answer.
Thanks for any help[/quote]
I know the executive chef for all Coral properties, I’ll send him an e-mail and try to get some info.

Gregg

Thanks so much fire guy, all I really need to be in touch with the wedding planner, but she has not returned any of my emails and there are things I need to know if I should bring from canada or have done there. Thanks for any help
sue

I sent the e-mail last night but my friend travels from hotel to hotel so it might be a few days before he sees the e-mail. Also things often get done in Dominican time.

Gregg

[quote author=suefromns board=Poparea thread=1169335260 post=1169506093]Thanks so much fire guy, all I really need to be in touch with the wedding planner, but she has not returned any of my emails and there are things I need to know if I should bring from canada or have done there. Thanks for any help
sue[/quote]

I have this contact from November. I emailed him about our room upgrade as we were there Jan 1/07. He was fairly quick to respond. Hope this helps.
Bani Gordian
Reservations Manager
Marien Coral Puerto Plata
Tel: 809- 320-1515 ext 2008
Fax: 809- 320-1414
Email: reservations.mgr.marien@coralhotels.com
Susan

I also emailed Bani and he was quick to respond. We are going to the Marien on the 28th. Did you find that your requests to Bani were granted?

Any other changes being made to the resort with the new ownership?

Thanks so much, I have just sent it off again and I wil also fax it to his attention tomorrow.
I just cross my fingers that he answers me
Thanks so much to all of you.

[quote author=geronamo board=Poparea thread=1169335260 post=1169526152]I also emailed Bani and he was quick to respond. We are going to the Marien on the 28th. Did you find that your requests to Bani were granted?

Any other changes being made to the resort with the new ownership?[/quote]
They suggest that there will be no changes. I haven’t been before however everyone seemed to be fairly pleased. The rooms are fairly basic but that’s what you usually get. Only in the room to shower and get a little shut eye. We were given a better building and some beautiful fruits and gifts were waiting for us when we arrived. I had asked for an upgrade for our wedding anniversary on Dec. 29. I always say “It can’t hurt to ask.”

Thanks Thanks Thanks to all of you… I sent an email to this person and I have actually heard back from bani and he said that he would put the right person in contact with me.
Thanks

I’m sad to hear that the Coral Marien has changed its name yet again. This property opened in 2001 as Coral Marien Beach Resort and Spa (that was the first time I went there) then it was bought out by Hilton and became Marien Coral By Hilton (that was the second time I went there). The resort is gorgeous and has a great entatertainment team (chocolate friends). I hope all the great traditions of the hotel that kept loyal customers returning repeatedly doesnt change too much!!!