Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Coral Marien

We booked!!

All this time we said we’d wait for last minute, but, we just couldn’t do it!!

We leave March 18th for one week…2774 taxes in for two of us from Halifax. I know…maybe we could have gotten it cheaper, but then again…maybe not, Such a Gamble!!

We’ve been to the Coral 3 times before, and had such a blast, we know it’ll be worth it!

Does anyone have the email for the Manager of the Coral?

Anyone else going this time?

:slight_smile: Bru

Hi, I don’t think that is a bad price for the two of you, we were going to pay that last year for a week but we went two weeks instead. The resort is beautiful, we had a great time when we were there. We actually just went to book the Marien Coral at the travel agency today, for the end of April and we were not able to reserve it it was all booked up so its a good thing you booked when you did. Have a good trip. :slight_smile:

[quote author=brunette board=Poparea thread=1171131453 post=1171131453]We booked!!

All this time we said we’d wait for last minute, but, we just couldn’t do it!!

We leave March 18th for one week…2774 taxes in for two of us from Halifax. I know…maybe we could have gotten it cheaper, but then again…maybe not, Such a Gamble!!

We’ve been to the Coral 4 times before, and had such a blast, we know it’ll be worth it!

Does anyone have the email for the Manager of the Coral?

Anyone else going this time?

:slight_smile: Bru[/quote]
We were there during the first week of January. I contacted the reservations manager at
Bani Gordian
Reservations Manager
Marien Coral Puerto Plata
Tel: 809- 320-1515 ext 2008
Fax: 809- 320-1414
Email: reservations.mgr.marien@coralhotels.com

Hope this helps.
Susan

nbgirl: Wow…already booked for the end of April? What a shame!! Is that with just one particular agent?
I know it’s still a little over a month away…but I am so excited to be going back!

sgust: thanks so much, I’ll send Bani an email!!

How was your trip? Did you post a review?

Bru

I don’t know if they only have a certain alotment per agency or not, but I know the dates we choiced didnt work. We were trying to go for two weeks and there were not enough seats on the plane for four people.I guess they reserve so many seats on each plane for people that are staying for two weeks and the rest are for people who are going for one week. They only had enough seats for the 2 weeks stay for 3 people. So we are having to pick another resort. We dont see the point of paying for 1 week when we can go for two weeks for a few hundred more. So we will have to return next year, we really enjoyed the trip last year hopefully we will be smart next year and book earlier:) Have a great trip when you go!!

[quote author=brunette board=Poparea thread=1171131453 post=1171199435]nbgirl: Wow…already booked for the end of April? What a shame!! Is that with just one particular agent?
I know it’s still a little over a month away…but I am so excited to be going back!

sgust: thanks so much, I’ll send Bani an email!!

How was your trip? Did you post a review?
Bru,
Yes posted a review on Debbie’s in early January. We loved it and look foward to going back

Bru[/quote]

just read your review!! Thanks so much!!

I wonder if any of the Chocolate Friends are from the original staff?

Hola,

We’re leaving on Feb. 27 for two weeks. We paid $6,049 for three of us. We booked on line in December, and I’ve not seen a better price anywhere at anytime. Sixteen days to go - can’t wait. Usually I leave with some anxietyabout the resort we’re going to, but not this time as I’ve heard nothing but great comments. Ole, ole, Ole, ole, yes it’s hot, hot, hot!!!

Adios Amigos :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Shadow,

You’ll have an AWESOME time…I wish we were leaving sooner. I cannot wait to get there!

Make sure you walk down the beach, towards the left to the little shops we referred to as the Dominican Walmart to get some cheapie cheapie deals…you might be referred to the Canadian Mafiaso and hear them say…shop here…no gst no pst!!

Applausa Applausa!!
Have a wonderful vacation!!!

did you book at another resort? if so, where?

We finally booked at the Bahai Principe in Punta Cana. We were so indecisive lol We are so excited, we really wanted to return to the Marien Coral but it just didn’t work out. Maybe next year. It will be nice to try something new and the Bahai Principe looks beautiful as well. I have to say it will be hard to top the Marien Coral because we had such a great time last year but We can’t wait to try Punta Cana. I hope you guys have a great trip!!

You are going to be surprised, while the Coral Marien is a lovely resort and the Bahia will easily compare with it as far as buildings etc but when you see the magnificent beach at the Bahia as compared to POP you will be amazed.

Thanks Hlywud, thats what our travel agent told us as well. We are very excited about the beach, when we stayed at the Marien we spent most of the time at the pool. It seem that the Bahai Principe has a little more to offer as well, being its a 5* hotel and it is basically two hotels in one from what I understand. I can’t wait to leave lol

i am thinking about going there with my sisters.What do you like about the place? do they do dance lessons in the day.what is the disco like?.What sort of music do they play. i love dancing Salsa and merengue. is it a lively hotel?
hope you can answer my questions
Thanks Judy

Well I went with my mom, sister and my sisters boyfriend. 3 of us were in our late 20’s and my mom in her late 50’s. We had a great time at this resort. I liked the fact that it was small and easy to get around. Very easy to meet other guests and the staff are excellent as well as the resort is beutiful. We went there not knowing what to expect and we left wishing we could stay another week. They do offer dance lessons (not really one on one but they like for the guests to join in when they are dancing their chocolate dance and in the shows), daily activities such as water sports, arobics, games, bingo, spanish lessons and more. The disco was fun, it didnt really start going until after the night shows and was really busy on teh weekends. Also, there was a bar that you can go to off the resort that is for resort and locals, it was really fun to go to I heard. The music was a mixture of Dominican and American. I think if you go there for a good time you wont be disapointed, we were more then impressed and had a great time at the resort there was something to do for everyone. Let me know if you have anymore questions. nbgirl

hey we just got back if you have any questions just email me at sue_ritter@yahoo.ca

Sue,

I have a question, but I thought it might be useful to others if answered here.

The Coral is under new management, to what I understand and is now called Oasis Grand Marien. I sent an email to Bani Gordian manager of guest services a week ago, and have not had any response. Is this position still being held by Bani, or because of the new management, is there someone else I should contact?

Thanks, Bru

Hey there, Actually Bani Gordian is a manager but not at this location right now. There is a girl and her name is Inness and she is the Guest Services person. gserv@MARIEN.CoralHotels&Resorts.com,
Luz del Alba Pena secayb@MARIEN.CoralHotels&Resorts.com
a&b@MARIEN.CoralHotels&Resorts.com>,"
These are the three contacts that Bani sent my email too, however I never did get a reply until I actually called the resort and asked to speak to Innes the guest services girl and then I actually was able to take care of things. She is not at her desk until after 9:30 a.m.
They actually still refer to themselves as Coral Marien and the service is the same, which I found excellent. Let me know if I can help. I have a friend that is still at the resort and if you email me by tomorrow evening I can possible get her to rely a message.

Thanks so much Sue, for the info. I sent an email once again, and I’ll see how that goes. Hopefully I will get a response.

Getting more and more excited everyday to go back to the Coral.
Less than a month to go!!!