Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Costa Morena/Santiago de Cuba

So, this is our first trip to this area, and other than some reviews over at TA, not much to read. A search turned up only 2 threads that only mentioned this place in passing.
So… anything anyone could tell us about Santiago in general and/or this place in specific, it would be appreciated.
(We are Cuba veterans, with this being my 10th trip and my wife’s 12th… but our Spanish still sucks. I can order a beer or ask for the bathrooms, and that’s about it).
I would like to get out and about to mingle with locals, though from what I can see, this place is pretty isolated.
Again, any info would be appreciated.
Hola!!

You might find some more information here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CostaMorena/

I haven’t stayed at the hotel myself, but have driven past it en route to Los Corales. (which it is close to, BTW) Great weather in Santiago. Sunshine and heat are almost guaranteed. Perfect destination in the winter months! :smiley:

[quote=@eeeefarm]
Great weather in Santiago. Sunshine and heat are almost guaranteed. Perfect destination in the winter months! :D[/quote]

We agree! and the Scuba and snorkling is not to shabby too :wink: :smiley: ;D :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Thanks eeeefarm… you’ve always got good advice; unfortunately I gave up on facebook years ago.
Perhaps I’ll ask my daughter to check it out for us.
The weather end of it sounds awesome. My brain needs a break and there’s nothing like sun and rum to help clear out some dead brain cells!

ald1… we crossed paths here last year at this time. We were headed to the Blau Costa Verde at the time.
We’re snorkelers; where’s the best spots?

[quote=@ontgunner]Thanks eeeefarm… you’ve always got good advice; unfortunately I gave up on facebook years ago.
Perhaps I’ll ask my daughter to check it out for us.
The weather end of it sounds awesome. My brain needs a break and there’s nothing like sun and rum to help clear out some dead brain cells!

ald1… we crossed paths here last year at this time. We were headed to the Blau Costa Verde at the time.
We’re snorkelers; where’s the best spots?
[/quote]

Ont G…
Never been to Costa Morena… so sorry I can’t point you in the right direction for snorkling… maybe someone else can. We have only been to Club Bucanero in Santiago de Cuba and unfortunatly it is no longer available because of H. Sandy … Sad very Sad, :’( :’( :’(

We are also heading to Santiago de Cuba this year but we are staying at the Club Amigo Carisol los Coralas. Will we cross paths again? :wink: :wink:

oh and Yes eeeefarm sure does give great advise on this forum… she has helped us out quite a few times… thanks again eeeefarm. :wink: :smiley:

btw our favorite barman from Club Bucanero (Eiloy) is now working at Costa Morena. He is featured in some of the recent pictures shown on facebook that eeeefarm provided. I am glad he was able to find employment elsewhere. His wife also worked at the front desk at Club Bucanero. I wonder if she is also working at CM? Hope so! for their young family .

enjoy your trip! :sunglasses: :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

I am told the snorkelling is decent at Costa Morena, but I have no first hand experience. We need a snorkeller’s report! (anyone want to fund me so I can supply it? :wink: ) Seriously, I may get to Costa Morena at some point, but not this spring, unfortunately.

eeeefarm, how 'bout you just send me your camera and I’ll take the pictures for you? :smiley: ;D

End of the month, ald1… maybe we can meet for a cerveza or three.