Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Costa Rica or Belize

Hi there we were debating on whether to go the Caribeaan side of Costa Rica or Belize. We have been to the Guncaste northern side of Costa Rica and loved it but want to see and do other things. Can you snorkel on the Caribeaan side of Costa Rica. That is the only thing we didn’t get to really do on the western side of Costa Rica. That is why we are debating to go to Belize, but don’t know much about belize. We enjoy canopy tours and don’t know if there are anything in Belize like that. Any suggestions on both areas and what to do or stay at would be great. We really really prefer the all inclusive idea though because with kids that is really a bonus. Thanks for any help.

I can only comment on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica from Limon and southward. I do not recall there being any AI’s - at least not when we were that way about six years ago. The water was extremely rough too - definitely no snorkeling. It would be great for surfing and there are alot of surfers living in that area.

Bebbie

Hi we were in Belize -Ambergris Caye in 2004. The snorkelling was amazing :smiley: due to the reef (2nd largest in the world, I think) We stayed on the island(caye)but took a few tours to the mainland…the Belize zoo, cave tubing, mayan ruins etc. As far as I know there are no AI’s on the cayes but a couple on the mainland.