Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Count down to the Gran Bahia Principe Ambar is on!

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: I so can’t wait to get my butt in the sand at this resort, first time down this part of the South, but the reviews an pic’s look awesome!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: 8-)WooHoo!!! Sun an Sand Soon!!! ;D ;D :wink: :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Great country to visit, great part of the country to visit, and an amazing resort to stay at…you are going to be spoiled and have a great time…I am envious!! ::slight_smile:

You’ll have a great time at the Ambar, been 2X. Don’t forget to bring your bubba to keep those drinks cold.

We will have a chance to “loosen” things up for you. We leave March 24th, and are there for two weeks. This is our 2nd time at the resort, had some issues the first time around, but decided to give it another shot. ??? The resort is beautiful, and the staff was excellent for the most part. Unless things have changed, be prepared to go and stake out your chair at about 6:45am, or you’ll be sitting in the sun. Also, you have to stay there until about 8:05am, or security will pick up your stuff and take it away. We will try and save you a couple of Presidente’s for when you arrive. ;D ;D ;D

Chuck

:wink: Thxs Arlauski, I’m use to getting up early looking for a spot with shade my hubby does not like in the sun all day so…i’m on that one ;D…do they take your stuff off the chairs around the pool area because that is where mostly he will be??I’m the beach bum…lol :sunglasses: :sunglasses: 8-)Oh yes Barriebrain bubba’s in hand we have a few/ ;D ;D :wink: ;)…but thxs for the heads up…us Cape Bretoner’s an our bubba’s :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: 8-)!!! never leave home with out them :wink: Monetonguy…I’ve been looking at all the pic’s here on Debbie’s reviews an talking to people from around my area that have been there an they say it’s a great place to stay sooooooooooooo here is hoping :wink: i’m sure we will love it… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: thxs…

Once you have your spot (as I said, you must stay until 8:05am) then nobody will bother it. I usually stay to 8:10am then go get my wife and go for breakfast. We are usually back by 10:00am, and kind of stay around until 4:00pm, then it’s time for a break. My only issue is those who save their palapa, then go to the beach all day, and only show up at the pool at 4:00 in the afternoon. Hope this answers your question. :wink:

;D thxs Arlauski yes very helpful :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: 8-)!!! I’m up with the birds again…lol but worth it for my hubby :sunglasses: :sunglasses: ;D ;D :wink: ;)!!!

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: My suite cases are out an opened… :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: ;)…I can still the smell of the ocean from last year ;D ;D ;D ;D can’t wait !!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: I can all most smell the ocean air AWWWWWWWWWW… ;D ;D ;D ;D…suitecases are out an started with the summer clothes ;D ;D :wink: :wink: come on Sun an Sand!!! had enough of this cold weather!!

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: 28 more sleeps yeehaw ;D ;D ;)!!! just a tad excited :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

27 tomorrow, and have a great time

Just 6 more sleeps after tonight, and we will be there. I promise not to drink all of the rum and Presidente. ;D ;D I wonder what has changed over the last two years since we were there last,…anticipation. :sunglasses: :o

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Thxs barriebrian!!! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: I sure will it’s 22c here today on the Island an snow tomorrow weather is all messed up…

;D ;D ;D ;D Ya better there arlauski lol…ya no I’m there for a week :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: yeehaw 14 more sleeps ;D :smiley: can’t wait to get in the sand an ocean an out of this cold damp weather here…I need heat ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D an of course a pina colada :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Starting week two, I has been a struggle :wink: ;), however we are surviving. The Presidente supply is dwindling, so we asked to restock so you will have a cold one when you arrive. You will enjoy the resort I’m sure.

Chuck

Why thxs Chuck ;D ;D ;D ;D yes can’t wait to have a cold one there :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: how is the shade around the pool do ya really have to get up early an stay there until 8am before you can leave???

I’m on my countdown, but its longer than yours. We get there April 30th. First time. Can’t wait.

We’re not far behind you. Arriving 5/31, staying a week. Our 3rd visit to the Ambar in 3 years. You’re going to love it!!

Yes, if you want a palapa, you should be there by about 6:30am, and you have to stay until around 8:00am or until the old security guy comes by and says, “towel no problem, coffee time”, then it’s safe to go. If you don’t, your belongings get picked up and somebody else will get your spot.

This was our 2nd vist, 1st time not the greatest, this time 110% better. If you have issues, see Jorge the head butler, he can fix almost anything. Food was excellent, so was the rum. Go and enyjoy yourself, I left lots for you. ;D ;D