Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

CRT......Verycoldcanadian

;D Hey buddy, don’t forget to get as much info as you can for me about this place, since you will be there before me.

I expect a facts sheet, and some good photos.

Also could you find out about the upgraded rooms for me? Looking for a jacuzzi tub myself.

Deputy

:slight_smile: I hope he and the wife have a wonderful trip. I wonder if he will come back with any memory of where he was? Those full rum bottles don’t stand a chance! :wink: :-*

hola, amigas
It is 1 am and we just unloaded.
I will post a full review and share some stuff
BTW , that tequila stuff ain’t too bad, Don Julio blanco.
To all the tequila pros, I like what I like and I know that it is only the 1 year old stuff , but after you snort the salt and eat the lime, the tequila goes down easy, and they had Havana club AND Appletons. It was kinda like a salad bar. You know , sugar cane cactus trees or whatever they make that with ???

Welcome back to the “real world” VCC, it’s been quiet without you lately :D. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip, well once you get the shakes under control and can type again. Certainly hope you left a few bottles unharmed, that Tequila is good stuff, and you picked a gooder one to start out with.
Drop a few lines when you get around to it, I know there is “someone in particular” ::slight_smile: waiting to hear all about the RCT, so “she” knows what to expect ;).

Jake, eh

YEAH that would be me!! Is the pool really as large as it looks? How is hte water temp. I hate cold pools, no way to enjoy them.

I am really not too picky, and mr Crabby Pants, doesn’t ever have an opinion so well. As long as there is beer, and an occasional morsal of food I should be good.

Was it windy when you were there? I hate that uncontrolable factor, thus the reason I avoid Jamaica, always felt like I was in a wind tunnel.

I just need beer and rum. It would be helpful to know if they offer free piggy back rides from the bar back to the room, if memory serves me right I got my a$$ kicked by the sidewalk in february at the Edenh, due to some drunk walking. I would like to avoid the scrapes, bruising and swelling.

Deputy

[quote=@deputy343]YEAH that would be me!! Is the pool really as large as it looks? How is hte water temp. I hate cold pools, no way to enjoy them.

I am really not too picky, and mr Crabby Pants, doesn’t ever have an opinion so well. As long as there is beer, and an occasional morsal of food I should be good.

Was it windy when you were there? I hate that uncontrolable factor, thus the reason I avoid Jamaica, always felt like I was in a wind tunnel.

I just need beer and rum. It would be helpful to know if they offer free piggy back rides from the bar back to the room, if memory serves me right I got my a$$ kicked by the sidewalk in february at the Edenh, due to some drunk walking. I would like to avoid the scrapes, bruising and swelling.

Deputy[/quote]

The pool is a fair size , I don’t know the temp because we never go in them.
There is good beer and drink the havana club rum. Try the rum with the fruit punch, ( that is a food group you know ! )
In the ocean , there will be a hundred fishes that will swim around you steady . They want food ( not you ) and they are like trained pets. The wlking paths are a cut stone and are a little uneven so it is a slight trip hazard. Due to the moon lunar tides , they get a lot more uneven at night. I don’t know why.
Tequila seems to improve coordination so it is recommended.
One day it was windy and the waves were good enough to boogie board . I forgot to mention the crepes station in the afternoon. I didn’t eat any but many people ate a lot of them and raved. One crepe is equal to one rum and , well , first things first !
I recommend the duty free shop for booze on the way home. Do not buy anywhere else. Buy stuff called 43. It is amazing. It tastes like rye and butterscotch. Only $ 23 at the dutyfree and $65 at Playa del Carmen.
To shop at Playa del Carmen do not buy anything within 3 blocks of where youi get dropped off. Walk to the end of the row on
5th ave. and the prices drop to one third of what they were.

I wish I could posts pics from the trip, but since we first tried the camera underwater , I guess the camera crapped out early so , we have no photos at all.
Future shop replaced the camera with a new one of the same kind and gave us 2 , 4 GB cards for free as an " Im sorry "
Turns out that their policy , no refunds after 14 DAYS for most things.
So , I guess that it will be next year for any Mexician shots.
I was 10 feet away from a sea turtle that had a shell at least 30 inches in diameter too ! :o :o
Sigh ! :’(

[quote=@verycoldcanadian]I wish I could posts pics from the trip, but since we first tried the camera underwater , I guess the camera crapped out early so , we have no photos at all.
Future shop replaced the camera with a new one of the same kind and gave us 2 , 4 GB cards for free as an " Im sorry "
Turns out that their policy , no refunds after 14 DAYS for most things.
So , I guess that it will be next year for any Mexician shots.
I was 10 feet away from a sea turtle that had a shell at least 30 inches in diameter too ! :o :o
Sigh ! :’([/quote]

That’s too bad about the camera VCC, at least you managed to get it replaced, last time I did the same thing it only cost me $850 to replace the camera…me smart guy, salt water and camera, not good mix.
So I guess I have to get “9 ft away from a turtle with a 31inch shell”…too bad about the camera, gooder luck next time.

Jake, eh

I still laugh when I think back to the huge wave that crashed over Jake and his camera…I got a picture of it somewhere…

VCC looking forward to your review, alway good to hear about other places that might be in our furture.

:slight_smile: We had a similar experience with our “movie” camera,
Floyd & the Missus.

We had set it up on a sand bar, just at the correct angle to focus on us frolicking in the water and then we started to walk towards the camera.

Ever heard of a “rogue wave”? Well, just as we almost got to the camera, this wave came up and washed over the camera. Luckily we were close enough to grab the camera and we quickly wiped it off.

When we got home we took it to our local camera store and they told us that salt water and cameras aren’t a good mix :(. About 2 weeks after we had gotten home, the camera stopped working - it was fried.

The best thing we had done was take the film cassette out of the camera right away.

Got a really funny movie out of the whole thing :wink: (Dr. V.C.C. - I have to mention this was on the beaches in Cayo Largo ;)) :-*

I remember it like it was yesterday :P. It was quite a wind storm and no one was allowed in the water, except Mr. Six Feet Tall & Bullet Proof (of which I am neither). I was standing there getting some great shots of the waves crashing into some small caves, when I heard the others (friends with brains) yelling to me about something. I started to turn my head slightly and that’s when I saw the “rogue” wave cresting just above my head…too late. I shot my arm up to try and save the camra, but the wave washed over me and the spray got the camera pretty good too. I was told at the camera shop, I should have to the nearest fresh water supply and rinsed it off…I never even thought about that. Saves the lens, but the camera was toast.

Jake, eh

Whoever posts the reviews on debbies is on holidays until the
23 rd. My review is already up on locogringo.com.
I have a new ( again yessh ) Olympus 1030 , and two tickets to Cuba in April.
I got a brand new bolt on hydraulic, centrifugal, dual-speed , four-barrel, quartz-lock, positract liver with the waste-gate turbo charger , so I am all set , to try out against the best of them . :wink:
I also have a mini tripod for the camera so I can film our boogie boarding et al.
SUJ , remember Don Julio blanco.
We experimented last night and it seems that equal parts of banana liquer and rum on the rocks is a cure against the bubonic plague.
My babe and I had a bunch of these and we had absolutely no traces of bubonic plague at all !!!
patent pending
Labs of Dr. V. C. Canadian LLBO

;D Hey Buddy!

What area would be a good room choice? With any luck I very possibly may be accommodated.

Actually I don’t really care to much about room choice, I just want to know where not to be?

And I read they are starting to put jacuzzi tubs in, did you see any of this?

Deputy ;D

[quote=@deputy343] ;D Hey Buddy!

What area would be a good room choice? With any luck I very possibly may be accommodated.

Actually I don’t really care to much about room choice, I just want to know where not to be?

And I read they are starting to put jacuzzi tubs in, did you see any of this?

Deputy ;D[/quote]

The rooms closest to the ocean are in the 4000 and 5000 ’ numbers

I did not see any jacuzzis being put in , but for supper , go to the Italian a al carte ( every second night ) at the beachfront place.
Have the veal with portobellos.
Very good.

drool*

I LOVE MUSHROOMS!!!

of all kinds…LOL J/K!!

Heck what am I talking about? I love all food. The more the better, good thing I got hollow legs, and a treadmill to boot!!

I can’t wait for the food, all food is good food. Screw the rabbit food that I have been forcing myself to eat, just so I can fit in to my suit. YUMMO!!

Speaking of good food, where is the best mexican bakery? YUM YUM…thats always a pit stop for me…

Deputy

Mexican Bakery ?
At breakfast they have a lot of crossiants and other fancy stuff to scarff down. Actually the breakfasts are the best meals.
( Okay , to me , ALL the meals are the best meals LOL )
They have real good deserts at all the meals so you can eat that rabbit.
My babe said that the grilled salmon was excellent. I am sure that SUJ and Jake has had better , but living on the coasts will have that advantage.
( Of course Jake will tell of the bright pink glow of the salmon meat but that could be just the light trying to filter thru his eyes )

Out here on the East coast verycoldcanadian, the pinkest meat we have is found right between the… rocks on the bottom of the ocean then boiled with salt, lime juice, vinigar and a shot of rum…the goodest lobsters on the market. Althoug the odd peace of salmon does seem to show up as well ;). Trust me, if you could get some of Jakes’ lobster in Mexico…that would be it, never had a bad word about them yet ;D ;).

Deputy, if you’re going to try and fill those legs of yours, I hope they have a lot of spagetti ready for you…those suckers go all the way to the ground :smiley: ;).

I am getting jealous now, with all this talk of food and drink :P. I still have a million months to go until April, and I can tell you one thing the “rabbit food” doesn’t really fit my plate real good. Plus I have worn out two pairs of roller-blades standing on my treadmill, that thing doesn’t do crap for me.

Jake, eh

Deputy don’t forget to try the tequila shots with your lime dipped in sugar it is just gooder then the salt lick they are yummy yummy in the tummy.

Maybe you should write that recipe down Floyd & the Missus so we can give it a try in April. I know it sounds simple enough here, but remember, you’ll be traveling with the original “Dumb & Dummer” boys, who can’t find the ocean when they are standing (swaying) on the beach and had a “few” :smiley: ;).

Jake, eh