Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Cuba - Best Tour Company From Canada?

I like Air Canada Vacations
 1. Comfortable seats on their planes with good leg room
 2. They allow 145 pounds in baggage.
 3. No extra charge for extended stays.
 4. Good reps. on site.
What is your favorite Canadian or Cuban tour company to Cuba ?

Really not too particular as it is only 3-1/2 hours from YYZ.

But I do like , if we can get it extra leg room and late afternoon flights.

The cheapest one that gets me where I want to go! :wink:

Last time I went from Canada was on Sky Service, good carrier, better than AC IMO :wink:

[attachment id=“139” thumbnail=“1”]

My favourite used to be Canada 3000, but they’re gone too!

These days, I’ll consider the carrier with the direct, non-stop flight from Vancouver.

Wish Westjet Vacations would route non-stop from Vancouver. They are always my 1st. choice!

In this order: Sunwing, Air Transat, Canjet and Westjet out of QC. Air Canana does not fly South out of Qc City, only Mtl.

Air Transat for the newer planes and leg room, Sunwing for the on-flight service (and of course the iddy-biddy plastic glass of cham pag nee) Anecdote: have had several “refills” over the years, free of charge.

BTW, by tour company, do you mean air carrier or TRAVEL AGENCY?? :S

[quote=@zendudette]
BTW, by tour company, do you mean air carrier or TRAVEL AGENCY?? :S[/quote]

From my reading of the OP, I presumed vacation wholesale companies, not travel agencies.

Many of the vacation wholesale companies also operate their own fleet of aircraft:- Air Canada, Westjet, Sunwing, Transat/Nolitours come to mind.

To my knowledge Sunquest and Signature Vacations lease space on other carrier airplanes.

I went with Sunwing twice, and both times there were fairly serious screw-ups, so they are on my bad list, I like flying WestJet, I find them very friendly and very customer oriented, in spite of the corny jokes.

[quote=@zendudette]

BTW, by tour company, do you mean air carrier or TRAVEL AGENCY?[/quote]

From Winnipeg my choices are: Airline would be Air Canada (keeping on schedule and prices), Sunwing Airlines (for destinations) and the Travel Agency would be Sears Travel (excellent customer service.)

I like Air Canada and West Jet as well but many times as flight is short I buy one that has better price. Last time when I went to Panama I had chance to fly with Panamanian air COPA and I had best food ever. They served filet mignon!

Any one here old enough to remember Wardair. What a treat that was, we used it all the time. Real china, real cutlery, real glasses. Lots of leg room for everyone, happy staff, Really miss them.

[quote=@sund0g]Any one here old enough to remember Wardair. What a treat that was, we used it all the time. Real china, real cutlery, real glasses. Lots of leg room for everyone, happy staff, Really miss them.[/quote]Yup back-in-the-day before the gubmint started subsiding Air Crappy to the point that it put the good carriers out of business! (puke)

Busman: Did you lie in the other forum when you said you were 29? or was it 39? If you remember Wardair, you are really dating yourself. I got the info from my parents - I wasn’t even a twinkle in the eye! And if you believe that - can I sell you some land in Florida?

Yes indeed!

Those were the days when the “getting there” was part of the overall positive experience. These days we’ve been reduced to accepting “sardine can” experiences without too much grumbling.

All things being equal, we have to also remember that in the Wardair days, vacation travel was still relatively expense compared to what it is today.

I agree completely Crystal. If prices were today what they were then, relative to the average income, I’m pretty confident a vast majority of the people who take annual vacations would not be doing so. You just can’t compare “how it used to be” with today’s budget charters. Sadly in today’s world everyone is all for quantity over quality. The masses speak with their wallets.

First week Cuba A.I. 1993 $ 2300.00

So true!

Fortunately for us, we’ve never been followers (or as one member used to call the following masses:- “sheeple”).

The all-inclusive gig doesn’t do it for us any more. Quality is much more important to us than quantity. We find ourselves drifting back to the independent, more adventuresome style of vacations we enjoyed years ago, even if it is more expensive. Only sacrifice has been two vacations per year instead of three but given all of our business/conference trips, we still spend a lot of time in some very interesting places. It’s all good!

What is seductive about all inclusive is that at least you know what it is going to cost you going in. No matter how carefully you research, I find going “a la carte” always ends up being more expensive than you had expected. Plus, it is well nigh impossible to do your own packaging as cheaply as tour operators can do it, so if you want to go to a place on your own as opposed to with a package, you will be spending a lot more than the guy who grabbed the cheapie charter and is elbowing his way ahead of you to use the amenities.

I agree it is nicer to go B&B instead of hotel, but when most hotels that are in desirable areas are selling their wares AI, why stay in a less convenient place and end up paying a lot more for the privilege?

If you are there for the beach, as I am, it makes no sense to stay somewhere that isn’t located on the beach. So for Cuba, at least, AI seems to make the most sense.

[quote=@eeeefarm]

If you are there for the beach, as I am, it makes no sense to stay somewhere that isn’t located on the beach. So for Cuba, at least, AI seems to make the most sense. [/quote]

Without a doubt, all-inclusive is the best option for you eeeefarm. And I would add that since you travel solo, it’s also the safer option. I’d do the same in your situation.

Don’t want to go too far off topic here, but our trip to Kauai, Hawaii last month (beachfront 1 bed. condo, airfare, car rental & groceries) cost about $200 more than what an all-inclusive to Cuba would have been. So much depends on where you will be travelling from.

[quote=@eeeefarm] Plus, it is well nigh impossible to do your own packaging as cheaply as tour operators can do it, so if you want to go to a place on your own as opposed to with a package, you will be spending a lot more than the guy who grabbed the cheapie charter and is elbowing his way ahead of you to use the amenities.

[/quote]I followed Princess Cruises itinerary from Anchorage by train to Fairbanks, overland to Dawson City, Whitehorse then the  White Pass & Yukon Route railway to Skagway for a quarter of what the price of the cruise as a single. That’s only one example of savings I have gotten by self packaging as opposed to tour operators!