Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Cuba & Hurricane Irma

I’m hoping that Cuba does miss this nasty hurricane. I believe it has now veered to the north and appears to be headed to Florida. Of course it is a projection only but I’m keeping my eye it but 2 more are close. Hurricanes Jose and Katia are right behind. Jose is behind Irma and Katia started in the Gulf of Mexico. A lot us have connections to Cuba; so please send them an email or make a phone call. Cubans know exactly how to handle disasters, but I’m sure your friends would love the support.

Yes , I am keeping a close eye on this storm myself .
Hoping it keeps north of Cuba , but it is so big it will Shirley make a mess .
And don’t call me Shirley.

Johnny C

My new favourite site

Lots of really good information… looks like there is Jose and then yet another storm Lee that by next weekend will have formed

That is a great site for wind directions.

Looks like, according to this app, that Cayo Coco is being pounded right now. And Cayo Santa Maria and Ensenachos are about to get it.
Prayers

On Windy.com slide the date over to 16 Sept and see the next possible monster coming from Africa.

Not even #Irma can stop a game of dominos #Havana #Cuba :cuba: thanks Dariana Pototo
Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, shoes and outdoor
Alejandro Ramírez Anderson
September 10 at 10:42pm ·
Dale agua!!!
Centro Habana. Gran foto de Lazaro Echemendia.

Give Him water!!!
Havana center. Great picture of lazaro echemendia.

Indeed - one of my favourite photos from Havana.

Spunky - NHC is still showing only 10% chance that next will become a tropical depression, even. No-one can predict the weather.

Like they say: No 9 day predictions are accurate.
I see the top of that one got sheered off. Yes!

Message from The Dubois Foundation:

"As of this writing, we have been unable to establish reliable communications with Cuban officials. When this improves, we will get updated information and a clearer picture of specific needs. However, past experience allows us to create an accurate picture of the types of things needed on the ground there. Many of the things in demand are not easy for supporters to donate; please consider making a cash donation. Details below.

Materials that are certain to be needed:

-building materials of all sorts

– roofing, specifically roll roofing

-hand tools of all descriptions

-household items

-kitchen equipment, including pots, pans, flatware, utensils, dinnerware …

To drop off usable donations:

Dubois Charitable Foundation

1290 Dundas St

Woodstock, ON N4S 7V9

In Canada funds can be deposited directly to the Foundation’s account at :

Bank name: CIBC

Transit No: 04752

Account No: 6101712

Account name: Dubois Charitable Foundation

• Send an e-mail confirming this donation as well; we can then confirm your information and send a receipt for tax purposes.

Or can be mailed to:

Dubois Charitable Foundation

686681 Highway #2

RR#1

Princeton, ON"

Please share this information with co-workers and other organizations in your area

Just to add to the address I gave above: Dubois Charitable Foundation,686681 Highway #2, RR#1, Princeton, ON, N0V 1J0