Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Curious?

Anyone know whatever happened to ‘manfredz’ of ‘The Adder’ Cuba forum?

Spent an enjoyable afternoon with him and Jorge at the Taberna de la Muralla quaffing down 3 tubes of cerveza [attachment id=“172” thumbnail=“1”][attachment id=“173” thumbnail=“1”]

[quote=@busman7]Anyone know whatever happened to ‘manfredz’ of ‘The Adder’ Cuba forum?

Spent an enjoyable afternoon with him and Jorge at the Taberna de la Muralla quaffing down 3 tubes of cerveza [attachment thumbnail=“1” id=“172”][attachment thumbnail=“1” id=“173”]
[/quote]

I think he’s still around. I haven’t seen him on any Cuba forums, but I think he has posted on some of the Nova Scotia forums within the last few monthe.

I always enjoyed reading what he had to say about Cuba.

Ah another sensible and knowledgeable Cuba traveller who got fed up with the TARP rule!  8D

Didn’t Manfredz travel with his mother on occasion? It’s been a while since I heard that name, but it wouldn’t go out of my head and finally something clicked!! Wow, that seems like eons ago.

[quote=@sund0g]Didn’t Manfredz travel with his mother on occasion? It’s been a while since I heard that name, but it wouldn’t go out of my head and finally something clicked!! Wow, that seems like eons ago.[/quote]Yes he did, stayed at a 2* just out of Havana on the hop on/off bus, used it as a base for independent travel. Jorge arranged a special tour for his mother one time taking in some of the churches normally not visited by tourists.

A very smart and down to earth person, glad I had the good fortune to meet him. :sunglasses:

Jan. 2009, yeow 5 yrs ago :o

Wow: Thanks Busman. I remember a posting from whatever forum and he wrote about it. 2209 being 5 years ago? Are you sure, I think it was yesterday! I sure hope that everything is good with him and that his mom is still with us. I’m glad she had Jorge arranged the tour for her; sure would like to know that all is well.

He last posted on TA on 17th December 2013 on the TrainTravel forum. His last post on a Cuba forum was on August 10th 2012.

Wonder if Manfredz has another username these days? Not uncommon for members to do that.

He is a Debbie’s member.