Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Currency rates

does anyone have the current resort rates for the peso?

for $usd–>peso
and $cdn–>peso

we are still bringing u.s but we are just, curious also helps for finding out how much we are paying for any souveniers, into cdn$'s

only 3 weeks till fun fun fun royale tropical see you there bob!! lol

[quote=@shaunandeb]does anyone have the current resort rates for the peso?

for $usd–>peso
and $cdn–>peso

we are still bringing u.s but we are just, curious also helps for finding out how much we are paying for any souveniers, into cdn$'s

only 3 weeks till fun fun fun royale tropical see you there bob!! lol[/quote]

Go to this link…input the currency you want…it also prints out a mini card to take with you…

http://www.drsol.info/drsol_dominican_news_currency_exchange_cheat_sheet_USD.php

Kewl. See you there.
Expect about 33 or 34 pesos for a $US and about 24 pesos for a $CDN.

thanks bowhunter that will come in very handy!! we arrive late on the 16 will look for you on the 17 bob we will have to have a drink together

Looking forward to it.
I assume you are staying one week and won’t be able to make the meet&greet on the 25th.

yes just one week unfortunately we were looking for the 24th but prices went out of our budget for that time. there was some good deals back in early dec but by the time we put the money together it had gone up a fair bit. it would have been nice to make the m@g on the 25th than you can put faces to names on here lol. i will contact you in the next week or two, my wife and I are bringing some school supplies and other stuff for the childrens foundation.

thanks bob!!

shaunandeb

The Banreservas cambio at Fun Royale is not bad for US$ but terrible for CDN$.
2 weeks ago they were paying 34.4-34.7 for US$ and less than 24 for CDN$.

The plaza cambios were paying 34 and 24 but I could have gotten 35 and 26 from them very easily after I told them I was getting 35.2 in Puerto Plata and Sosua.

Here are the rates from one of the cambios at the Playa Dorada plaza.
http://i41.tinypic.com/iekt9e.jpg

MUCH easier to change $US - many local merchants show price in US $ also.

hello there we met two travel agents on our first trip to the dominican, they traveled a lot, They told us not to exchange money at the banks but to use our bank card from home and withdraw pesos as needed, your own bank will give you the best rate of exchange, i have done this ever since i am sure it still applies and is very easy to do, have fun