Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Dancing and Cuba

If anyone is interested to read about dance and Cuba can do so in the new article [a href="http://www.forumcuba.com/content.php/170-Let-your-body-feel-the-music!"]Let Your Body Feel the Music[/a]

The moment you step foot on Cuban soil your toe will be tapping to an infectious beat, your body will be itching to move, your head nodding to the rhythm, and before the end of your holiday you will no doubt have swirled your way a dance floor or two, glass of rum in hand, smile on your face, laughing like you have no cares in the world… [a href="http://www.forumcuba.com/content.php/170-Let-your-body-feel-the-music!"]Click here to read more about Cuba and dance[/a]

…and a good Irish whiskey or 2(or 3) will get you on stage on St Paddy’s…

Dance is part of the
Cuban culture - Si !!!

[quote=@cubakingone]Dance is part of the
Cuban culture - Si !!![/quote]

For sure! Wow can Cubans dance! They must be born that way.

I think they are. When the music strikes up, their bodies really move. I’ve not seen anyone dance like a Cuban.

[quote=@bellagio]I think they are. When the music strikes up, their bodies really move. I’ve not seen anyone dance like a Cuban.[/quote]We love the feeling of being immersed in the music and culture when in Cuba (or anywhere, for that matter). We fell in love with the houseband, Arenas Negras, on our first visit to Sol Cayo Largo. The resident band plays for arriving guests, at the Ranchon for lunch, and the Main Buffet at night for dinner, and the staff have a hard time “not” dancing when the music starts!
:slight_smile:

I was not born to dance but since my first trip to Cuba I fell in love with Cuban dance and since that I did not stop dancing. It is great exercise and social fun!

That’s what I love about Cuba–there’s music EVERYWHERE. You go to Mexico, and it’s all classic American rock. Hello! In Mexico, I have even LESS need to hear the Eagles than I do at home.

I love Cuban music and its presence.

[quote=@yvrck][quote=@cubakingone]Dance is part of the
Cuban culture - Si !!![/quote]For sure! Wow can Cubans dance! They must be born that way.
[/quote]

Ya know, alot of Acadians say the same thing… (rofl)
I still think I was latina in a former life (only the curly hair and green eyes give me away lol)

[quote=@zendudette]
I still think I was latina in a former life (only the curly hair and green eyes give me away lol)[/quote]

Many Latina have curly hair they just make it straight :wink:

[quote=@desmei]That’s what I love about Cuba–there’s music EVERYWHERE. You go to Mexico, and it’s all classic American rock. Hello! In Mexico, I have even LESS need to hear the Eagles than I do at home.

I love Cuban music and its presence.[/quote]

I feel exactly the same. I like to feel the vibe of the country where I am going on vacation, its culture, language, music, art etc that is one of the biggest reasons I always love to return to Cuba for my vacations.

Angelica danced the whole length of the Niquero carnival when she was less than two years of age, Michel quit half way and went for ice cream !!! Angelica will be dancing solo on the main stage evening show in May. In November Angelica opened the show. I am bringing in new thrift shop clothes / shoes for her to wear on stage. I hope I got the right size ???

Geez: you better talk to her mother. Kids grow at such an alarming rate, you’re in the poor house before you know it. And if they are shoes that Angelica reallllllly loves, and they don’t fit - you’re in for the cold shoulder. Take care and talk to her mom.

Friends of ours bring specialty "Dance " shoes for the hotel dancers. Not cheap and very hard to size and to fit.
Does Angelica need specialty shoes that our members can drop off for you, Cubakingone?

When we stayed at Cuatro Palmas we had to visit Calle 62 across the street. Each night there was a different live Cuban band I don’t know if this still happens. It was great watching the Cubans dance (in the street), oh do they love to dance. This was the highlight of our trip.

[quote=@will]When we stayed at Cuatro Palmas we had to visit Calle 62 across the street. Each night there was a different live Cuban band I don’t know if this still happens. It was great watching the Cubans dance (in the street), oh do they love to dance. This was the highlight of our trip.
[/quote]

Calle 62 in Varadero is great place to go and dance or just have drink and watch others dancing. I am glad you mentioned this place as its really good place.

I didn’t get to Calle 62 this time, but I will definitely the next time I’m back. I’m a terrible dancer, but I find the music irresistible. Besides, how many people are actually WATCHING me dance, right? :slight_smile:

Latino children will be shown dance moves as soon as they walk by siblings or other kids in their community, groups of kids will organize small competitions, preform for adults and get lots of praise and continue dancing for the rest of their lives. Love to watch accomplished dancers.

Flygt: I love the Cuban ‘extended’ family setup. No child ever goes unsupervised (they do, but family & neighbours seem to have the eyes to see everything). Wish the culture was carried over to other countries. Especially the so-called first world. It is so heartwarming to see kids behave naturally and joyously; they are taught very early to enjoy life and laughter.