Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Day trip cost from BahaiPrincipe to PLaya dorado

I have been in contact with Martin Espinol tours for a price. I have 12 of us and want to be picked up at our resort in Rio San Jaun and stop in Cabarete and Sosua and then on to the meet and greet at the Playa Dorado complex. This will give me the chance to show some of my friends some of the local area and look up old friends. I would normally just book a taxi there and arrange a price for the day. I have done this trip in reverse to this one years ago and paid very little for the taxi. I recieved a quote from Matin Espinol of $480 for the day for 12 of us. At first glance, $40 per person is not too bad, but I think I might be able to do better locally. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Are their prices negotiable.
Greg

I think you could do MUCH better but you will have to arrange this with an individual once you get there. Find a taxi driver, off the resort that has a fairly large van. He really will not care how many people, he will simply care about where you want to go and for how long. My guess would be you can get the same thing locally for less than $200.00.

IMHO, Martin is pricey but worth the extra.