Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Day Trip to Cozumel

Hoping someone can helpout here. The vacation wife has decided that on our trip to Playa Del Carmen in February that she wants to go to Cozumel for a day. I know where the PDC Ferry is, but am wondering if there is anything in walking distance from the Cozumel Ferry to do or if we’d need to book a tour of some sort.

I’m open for ideas. If a taxi is needed, that’s cool just looking for ideas to do in Cozumel (I know to avoid shopping as it’s the same stuff as PDC but more expensive - at least that’s what I’ve been told).

Thanks!

There are a few things in walking distance from the ferry, but mostly shopping. There are also places that only sell Tequila and other booze that allow taste testing :wink:

If you book a tour, you will have to go where the tour goes. When you get off the ferry, there will be lots of people selling tours. You might be able to get a really good deal.

If you do want to book a tour, you can book what is called the Island Tour. It might include the Tequila Factory. I would go to the Tequila Factory for sure. You can do taste testing and you can also buy their tequila. I don’t think you can buy theirs in stores. We’ve done the factory tour twice and I would go again.

You can always grab a cab and have them do a tour of the island. When we were in Coz last November we had our bell boy arrange a taxi for us. We requested one with a larger car and someone that could speak good english. It was very reasonable. The driver showed up with a three seater van that had excellent A/C.

You might want to ask this question on the TA Cozumel forum (more traffic over there).

Thanks!