Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Decameron connecting doors

WE STAYED AT THE DECAMERON IN JANUARY AND LOVED IT. THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS THE CONNECTING DOOR BETWEEN OUR ROOM AND THE NEIGHBOUR. YOU COULD HEAR A PIN DROP IN THE ROOM NEXT TO OURS. WAS WONDERING IF ALL OCEAN FRONT ROOMS HAVE THESE CONNECTING DOORS. WE WERE IN BUILDING number 30.

Hi larryo, we are just awaiting the new books to come out so we can start planning our panama holiday. You mentioned building #30, do you recommend this building. i think i also read about blocks 10-14 that were recommended. Also, main floor vs. 2nd or 3rd? I don’t mind stairs (tend to overeat/drink) so need the exercise.

We were on the third floor of building 16 and really liked it. It isn’t an ocean view building but we did have a nice view of the ocean (just not the beach). There were a lot of steps (72? 74?) to get from the beach to this level, so you’ll be able to work off the daiquiris no problem. We were far enough away from the action so it wasn’t noisy, but still close enough that it wasn’t a big hike every time we went somewhere.

Hi, I remember Bldg 16. It is so high up on a hill that the view of the ocean must be gorgeous! We stayed on the third floor of Bldg 14 down at the oceanfront. LOVED IT. We never heard our neighbours–no connecting door either. We were in Room 1424, which was an end room. The room had a king bed and a day bed! In front of our balcony was a tree–we felt like we were in a tree house! And we saw the beach and the ocean directly in front of us. I highly recommend this room. Have a great time at the Decameron.

Northgal :slight_smile: