Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Dental Clinics - Cuba - Resorts?

Many of my friends did have dental work in Mexico. The crime in Mexico is serious and many are asking about dental work in Cuba. Should the larger resorts / hotels have state of the art dental clinics. I know a lot of Cuban dentists who work in South America and would love to work in Cuba with a decent salary’

I read on another forum that dental work in Cuba is sketchy at best. Unless it’s just regular check-up I think I’d pass.

In a word - NO!! I don’t go on vacation to go to the dentist - I go to the dentist here!! Please post serious, helpful questions or opinions. State of the art in Cuba???

[quote=@iggy1]I read on another forum that dental work in Cuba is sketchy at best. Unless it’s just regular check-up I think I’d pass.[/quote]“I read----” Hmmmm! (zzz)

[quote=@cubajunkie]In a word - NO!! I don’t go on vacation to go to the dentist - I go to the dentist here!! Please post serious, helpful questions or opinions. State of the art in Cuba??? [/quote]Actually with the advent of medical tourism a decade + ago it IS a[font color=“221f1e”] serious question[font color=“221f1e”]!

[font color=“221f1e”]Not every[font color=“221f1e”]one [font color=“221f1e”]has the means to pay Canada’s [font color=“221f1e”]usurious fees. :’( I can vou[font color=“221f1e”]ch for the professionalism of Cuba’s de[font color=“221f1e”]ntist[font color=“221f1e”]s from personal experience. [/font][/font][/font][/font][/font] 8-|
[/font][/font][/font][/font]

I have no clue about the quality of dentistry in Cuba, but when I go on vacation, having dental work done is the last thing I want to do. I don’t care if the dentist is the best in the world. I’m scared of all of them. ???

I have no clue as well, that’s why I posted what I did. It’s just my opinion, if others want to go to a foreign country for medical work that is their business, but I wouldn’t. I don’t think it’s a holiday either, I think it’s a medical trip, with maybe some rehab time while there

I had to have an extraction whilst in Cuba, so through contacts I was able to go to the local dentist at 7pm when everyone had left. It wasn’t too bad inside to be honest but when he took my tooth out he cracked the one next door, so I finished having to have both teeth extracted.

I feel your pain bellagio!
That has to be one of the worst BOGO (buy one, get one) deals I’ve ever heard of!

I do not have dental plan - my last estimate in Canada was over $ 5000.00

Hola
I have a cuban friend who is a dentist in cuba…when we talk about others coming and having their teeth done in cuba…she laughs…and asks do they not have dentist in canada…I’m on vacation…lol.

I am not sure what kind of material they have in Cuba to fix teeth. I believe that they might have good educated dentists but I am sure that material that they get is probably not good at all. Just look at many Cubans and you will see that lots of them have issues with teeth. There is many people who do medical travel and the most popular places are Colombia and lately Panama as well. In Panama they have resort/hotel hospital only made for people that need medical surgery etc So for sure “medical vacationing” is in rise but not for Cuba. Cuba only can bring medical help for people that are stressed and sick and tired of this snow :slight_smile:

[quote=@cubakingone]I do not have dental plan - my last estimate in Canada was over $ 5000.00
[/quote]I have a friend in YVR who is coming down for dental work either here in El Salvador or Antigua Guatemala. Most seniors in Canada who weren’t cash-for-life union hands can’t afford the usurious fees of Canada’s dentists! :’(

[p]My biggest concern is the availability for emergency post op complications.  I would question is T-3 (or other pain relief)  readily available?  As well, would the proper antibiotic be available?   Hubby had major post op problems and Emergency Dep’t was a quick drive from here & all the necessary drugs/procedures available…24/7.  Would it all be avilable in Cuba ???  [/p]

Dentist in my area earn twice as much as medical Doctors. The new Melia Marina Varadero has slips for 1,200 boats - a resort hotel - Condos for sale and a construction cost of over $ 600 million and is owned by all Cubans including my children - they should have a dental clinic - Si ! Note ; The condo building is eight stories high.

[quote=@cubakingone]Dentist in my area earn twice as much as medical Doctors. The new Melia Marina Varadero has slips for 1,200 boats - a resort hotel - Condos for sale and a construction cost of over $ 600 million and is owned by all Cubans including my children - they should have a dental clinic - Si ! Note ; The condo building is eight stories high.
[/quote]

Which area are you talking about? Your Canadian residence or your Cuban residence. And as a someone familiar with dental practices, I have to say that running a dental practice is much more expensive than a GPs.

And I have to say that the condo building that they’re building - I wouldn’t be there. I hate heights.

I have a retired Doctor friend in Ontario - he has a twin brother who was a Dentist. The Dentist made net income of twice the M.D… and only worked half the hours. The M.M.V. is owned by the people of Cuba - my two Cuban / Canadian children in government money have $ 110.00 invested and want top R.O.I. and that means a dental clinic.