Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Dental work in the DR

To the many readers out there. Has anyone out there had dental work done in the DR? Whats your opinion of getting high end work done in the Dominican or Mexico . I need a couple of implants done , prices here are crazy. I have heard that Cuba has state of the art, not too sure if I believe that, if anyone has had experience of this kind of work let me know interested in opinions I think the trouble would be if a problem came up after you arrive home, would your dentist really look after you??

Hi there, don’t know where you’re from as your avatar doesn’t say.

I’ve been seriously considering having this done and found from my research that there is a great dentist in Santiago and Santo Domingo that would make my so called state of the art dentist here in Canada to shame.

There is a thread on DR1 outlining a member’s visit and having extensive dental work done. For what I want/need done would be $12,000 here and about $4800 there. All work done by a professional who is caring and outstanding in his field in Santiago.

Thanks for the reply. I am doing my on line research as well, and have seen on Cibao Destist looks state of the art. the huge question in when you arrive home and need to go to your own dentist for other work or infection set in the new work . I have the feeling I might be treated pretty crappy as most dentist are pretty arrogant for the most part, and they can afford to be that way.

Thanks for the reply. I am doing my on line research as well, and have seen on Cibao Destist looks state of the art. the huge question in when you arrive home and need to go to your own dentist for other work or infection set in the new work . I have the feeling I might be treated pretty crappy as most dentist are pretty arrogant for the most part, and they can afford to be that way.

that’s my fear too eltigre

my dentist is arrogant too, you can save a bit of money and time if you get your panoramic xrays done and bring them with you.

Not too sure I would be brave enough to ask for them , last time I ask for a copy of something a my DR of the reply was" NO" and they explained it was their information so maybe the Dentist is the same not too sure!

not so sure that the xrays do indeed belong to them… I know I paid for mine and full price, so in my mind they DO belong to ME and not them :slight_smile:

I agree , I think I will do the same.not too long and you’ll be on your way, with weather like we have had make me think it’s time to go again too,