Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Departure Tax

Do they use US currency at the resort and can anyone tell me what the departure tax from the airport is?
Thanks

it is US $ for the country
If you book though Nolitour tours departure tax is covered

thanks

I just booked for Feb 16-23 and was told the departure tax was not included. I booked Nolitours. Has anyone else booked for 2009 and was your tax included?

I became a new member on this site because of this question. My husband and I will be going to El Salvador also and I just got off the phone with Nolitours and you do have to pay the departure tax of $34.00 in US money for each person . I myself though that it was included too.
So, we all better make sure that we have that money put away to get out of the country. Or we could stay a little longer.

the all-inclusive you get to visit by not paying the tax is not quite the same quality as your holiday. :o)
Ours was included by Nolitours, but that was 2008, may have changed. Tuck $40 in your passport when you arrive, you’ll be covered for departure day.

Is this per person? There’s 4 of us so I want to make sure I put away $160 if needed then. ???
Thanks

YES! It is $34.00 per person for departure tax. It can get expensive for a large family. :o

Wow!! Ok, well glad I found this out before I leave in 11 days! :o

WOW!, Leaving in 11 days, NICE. My husband and I won’t be leaving until Jan. 26th for two weeks, but that’s OK, I’ve got to get into shape to climb that one volcano. It will be the first time for El Salvador for us. Have fun.

This is all very interesting. According to our invoice from our travel agent - departure taxes are included. Perhaps it is because we booked in April…or was it May. ::slight_smile: Think we may have to call the travel agent and get it clarified…or darn! we will just have to stay. :smiley:

Wilson: we also are going to El Salvador the same time as you. And from what I read on ‘another forum’ you are booked Club Transat. So are we!

ombrelle
Montreal, Canada

Posted on: 8:31 pm, today
I just contacted my Travel Agent. She called Nolitour and it’s still included in the price. Yes you pay for it, but to Nolitour when you buy your trip, not at the airport when you leave, so don’t worry about it.

NBF
Burlington, Ontario

Posted on: 9:05 pm, today
I booked online with ESCAPE.CA and they have confirmed with Nolitours that the departure tax is included in the package price and not an extra fee to be paid by the passenger at departure from SAL.

Departure Tax Is Included with Nolitours
I phoned again to Nolitours as soon I got to work and talked to someone who knew what they where talking about. I’m so sorry if the wrong information made everybody in a confused state ???. I sure was. Not now.
I will be hiding when my husband and I get on the plane.
Yes we will be in Club Class so that will narrow it down too,what like, 20 people. So your going to be able to fine me. :sunglasses:

[quote=@wilson]Departure Tax Is Included with Nolitours
I will be hiding when my husband and I get on the plane.
Yes we will be in Club Class so that will narrow it down too,what like, 20 people. So your going to be able to fine me. 8-)[/quote]

Yup, I will be able to find you.

I’ll buy you a drink Bebbie.

LOL - There and back. lol

(After all, we have to get our money's worth.)   ;)

Yes!! We will have fun. Also my husband will tell you not to listen to me. She doesn’t know what she is talking about. I can be very convincing. ;D