Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Do you experience withdrawals once you are back home

Do you experience Dominican Republic withdrawals once you are back home from your vacation? How do you feel once you are back from your vacation? I usually feel bit down at least of a week and I need time to adjust for my daily life and duties. Maybe I am having lack of vitamin D that is naturally produced while I am in Dominican Republic on the beach. What about you?

I am glad to get home…have my own pillow & bed to sleep on. But when the nasty winter weather continues, I long for the beautiful sandy beaches & sunshine by about the 4th day home !

same as MRA, come home to a nice comfy familiar bed, catch up on some Zzzzz’s then ready to head back LOL

I take a comfy travel pillow which I find very easy to sleep on - the bed at the condo we have rented the past 3 trips is very comfy as well… good and solid. With the windows wide open and the ceiling fan going, I get such a good sleep!!!

Tried to talk hubby into changing air tickets to stay an extra week or 2 but he wouldn’t budge… oh well, next year!

[quote=@dot]I take a comfy travel pillow which I find very easy to sleep on - the bed at the condo we have rented the past 3 trips is very comfy as well… good and solid. With the windows wide open and the ceiling fan going, I get such a good sleep!!!

Tried to talk hubby into changing air tickets to stay an extra week or 2 but he wouldn’t budge… oh well, next year![/quote]

So I guess you spend month or more in DR during winter time? I guess it is even harder to adjust once you are back home!

Yes - we spent 10 weeks at a rented condo in Costambar (part of Puerto Plata)… wish we had stayed at least 11 or 12 weeks as we came back to extremely cold weather the first week back. Up to 8C at 10:30 this morning which is still a far cry from the 28 - 33C we were used to down there!

What is usual price of renting condo in that area Costambar Puerto Plata. Is that gated community condo stile or smaller building?

Average rent is $900US per month for a 2 bedroom - that covers weekly cleaning front to back, sheet and towel changes. If needed, sheets and towels can be changed more often. We felt that where we shower every day after being on the beach or out and about and sweating, once a week is enough for sheet changes. Smaller units are less $$’s.

It is a 3 story building with 8 units. One is a bachelor; 2 are one bedroom (I think); the other 5 are 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom units. We always get one of the 2 BD/2 Bath as we always have overnight company for at least 2 weeks of our stay.

I experience withdrawals before I get on the plane when I leave here. I cannot wait to get back home, here in the DR. Other than some vacations we have taken I have been back to the US (where we originally are from) 37 days in the last 8 years!

The minute I leave the DR I am anxious to get back HOME!

bobk

[quote=@dot]Average rent is $900US per month for a 2 bedroom - that covers weekly cleaning front to back, sheet and towel changes. If needed, sheets and towels can be changed more often. We felt that where we shower every day after being on the beach or out and about and sweating, once a week is enough for sheet changes. Smaller units are less $$’s.

It is a 3 story building with 8 units. One is a bachelor; 2 are one bedroom (I think); the other 5 are 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom units. We always get one of the 2 BD/2 Bath as we always have overnight company for at least 2 weeks of our stay.[/quote]

Excellent. Looks like you have your own peace and enjoy your time :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing!