Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Doctors Wages - Up!

Why not link to the real story in Granma instead of something dubious from the FOX comedy hour?

You do it !!!

http://www.granma.cu/

http://www.granma.cu/cuba/2014-03-21/aprobo-consejo-de-ministros-incremento-salarial-para-el-sector-de-la-salud

This is confirmed as I had a phone call with Cuba and good friend who is a doctor said that they will get around 60CUC per month salary raise.

Some rural Doctors get free houses.

[quote=@busman7]Why not link to the real story in Granma instead of something dubious from the FOX comedy hour?
[/quote]
This story was on every major news site(i think orginally done by AP)…so who cares which newslink was posted.

If you don’t like a certain news channel, dont bash someone else who does and was kind enough to post the story and link here.

But it is some good news for Cuban doctors and much deserved!

[quote=@monctonguy][quote=@busman7]Why not link to the real story in Granma instead of something dubious from the FOX comedy hour?
[/quote]This story was on every major news site(i think orginally done by AP)…so who cares which newslink was posted.

If you don’t like a certain news channel, dont bash someone else who does and was kind enough to post the story and link here.

But it is some good news for Cuban doctors and much deserved![/quote]If I want your dos centavos, I’ll rattle your cage! (puke)

Lol…this is a form where we post our 2 cents…no need to rattle the cage.

However, based on some of your rude comments/replies, I am sure you will get to hear more than your fair share of 2 cents. All give, no take it seems with you.

You make a rude comment on someones post and it’s ok, someone makes a comment about your rude post and you feel the need to lash back. Interesting.

I dont’t feel anyone should be critized or made fun of because of the site they used to post a link giving us information about Cuba here.

Guys lets go back to the topic Doctors Wages up in Cuba please … if you wish to talk about love we have off topic section. :slight_smile:

Despite some of the perks and recent salary increases for Cuban doctors, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around these low wages relative to doctor salaries in Canada and the USA.

but you talk to the MD’s and they see it as a way of being a valued member of society and their way of doing good for their neighbourhoods. Wish our vets and MD’s felt a bit more that way some days. - over generalizing as I am sure some DO wish they could have a car and more perks included…The fellow we knew, and did some acupuncture for us…would not take any $… asked if I could bring down some comfortable shoes on our next trip …as he was on his feet all day

There is great documentary that was on CBC a few years back and one part of the documentary was about Cuban doctors. Documentary was directed by Ray Burley Produced by CBC’s “The Nature of Things” and it was called Cuba: The Accidental Revolution by David Suzuki if anyone is interested to look. Most libraries in Canada have that documentary on DVD.

From Miami Herald :::
http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/03/21/4009890/cuba-hikes-pay-for-doctors-at.html