Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Dominican baseball game?

We are going to the DR for the first time for my wedding in January and the only thing my dad keeps talking about is going to see a baseball game. I’d love to be able to set that up for him. Any suggestions? Where do I even start looking?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

First of all, where are you going in the DR? It’s a very big island. The odds of finding something are better if you were heading to the Santo Domingo or Puerto Plata areas. However, I suspect you are heading for Punta Cana. Even there the hotels are spread out along about 35 miles of beach, so even the hotel is relevant.

edit: I went back through her previous posts and it appears to be the Melia Caribe in Punta Cana. Anyone know of any baseball near there?

La Romana is the nearest Stadium, home of the Toros del Este (La Romana)
90 minutes away

I just stumbled upon this thread. I know it is old, but hoping someone can help me out with this year’s upcoming season. Does anyone know if there is an organized league that plays in the Puerto Plata area? I know there are winter league games in Santiago, but they are at night (7:30 i believe) and during the week. Didn;t see any weekend ones during the day.