Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Dominican Peso

I remember seeing something about this on the board a while back but can’t seem to find it. I was last in the DR 5 years ago and still have some Peso’s. Would these still be legal tender?

I ask because I thought I read something on here about old currency.

Thanks!

Bryan

They will still be legal tender

Good to know. I hav 2 $20.00DR pesos, how much is that worth in US$-Any ideas?

The rate right now is about 31 pesos to the dollar. So, if the decimal is where you said it is, it’s worth about 64 cents. If you meant 2000 pesos, then it’s about $64.
All numbers approximate; your mileage may vary. ::slight_smile:

They will except your money but make sure there are no marks like pen or pencil marks on the paper money or they might not take it.

Thanks for the info!

Bryan

They did change the currency a few years ago. There is a slight possibility that it’s no longer valid. Hopefully, what you have is current enough. It really depends on just how old it is.

It seems the Dominican Peso is slowly climbing in value. A few days ago it was I believe about 28cents on the American dollar and is as of today 33cents. I know its still not worth much but it is climbing in value.

You are reading that backwards a while back you got 28 peso per $US now you get 33 for $US, it is losing value

I’m a bad boy and I’m going back to math classes immediately to learn ordinary math.

You are reading that backwards a while back you got 28 peso per $US now you get 33 for $US, it is losing value[/quote]
Absolutely right. The peso is dropping in value.
I think what he meant was it was good for us.
We get more pesos for a greenback.
Its not good for the locals.