Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Donations For The Orphanage, Roatan Honduras!

[quote=@travelgui]Hi,
Our family will be spending the day in Roatan on Dec 22nd and wanted to bring medical supplies, toys and treats to the orphanage. I’ve been reading the posts about the orphanage, however would like more information on who to contact in advance to let them know when we are arriving and what we can bring. I work in the medical field and would like to ensure that we bring the right types of supplies.
Thanks in advance.
Travel Gui[/quote]

There is a medical clinic, “Clinica Esperanza” In Honduras that you can contact regarding medical supplies that are needed.

Check out, www.clinicaesperanza.com for pictures, information and a summery of their 5 year plan.

Peggy Stranges, RN
011-504-9885-1044 (Honduras)
peggystranges@yahoo.com

Patrick N. Connell MD FACEP
602-317-3706 (USA)
011-504-9915-4958 (Honduras).

Wossa and I have taken medical supplies to the Doctor at the Henry Morgan Resort in Roatan Honduras and the Doctor has taken the supplies to this clinic on our behalf.

Freedom Ryder 8-)…

I just found this site…we also brougt a pile of things to the orphanage in 2009 at Xmas. 4 full suitcases. 1 of toys and books, the other 3 of clothes for everything from new born to adult…including 30 brand new Canadian made T shirts.
We are heading back down this summer, but I have been unable to get ahold of the orphanage to find what they need in the way of food. The web site says to bring food…am thinking pasta products as they are not perishable.

[attachment id=“156” thumbnail=“1”]   Some of the Children we visited in Roatan Honduras. Picture taken and posted with permission.

Freedom Ryder 8-)…

[quote=@freedomryder][attachment thumbnail=“1” id=“156”]   Some of the Children we visited in Roatan Honduras. Picture taken and posted with permission.

Freedom Ryder 8-)…[/quote]

That is nice photo and I see you guys brought soccer balls to the kids. I know in Honduras they love soccer and must be nice gift for kids there. Way to go thanks for helping kids!