Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Dreams La Romana aka Sunscape Casa Del Mar

…and that’s before the Dreams price increase! I managed to talk my friend’s family into having their family reunion in February since I anticipate a big cost jump in the future and it may become prohibitive for us. I know that as at now, AMresorts hasn’t even released their rates to the hotel so any price increases are not based on the change to Dreams, but reflect regular annual inflation. My future returns may have to stick to low season when I can afford it too. :frowning:

Kaki

Kaki and Baltobabe… which is your favorite building out of 2,3 or 4 and why?

My favourite is building 3. It used to be building 2 for its west facing views but then when building 3 went in, it cut out a number of the views. Now, building 3 is most central, anchored by the infinity pool on one end and the buffet on the other. By virtue of the infinity pool being “right there”, that means you are equidistant to both the walk up portion of the swim up bar and the beach bar. There is beach access there too.

Building 4 is fine and will have the new ultra special rooms with fancy bed appointments and new decor, but I’m not usually a fan of a regular pool so the views over the main pool are lost on me and there are too many trees and the building that was the theatre (to be a few a la cartes in the Dreams arrangement, I think) blocking the view to the sunset. I like seeing the water and the pier and the horizon so prefer the top floor of building 3 to all others.

If you’re after the Preferred Club rooms, you’ll be in buildings 5 and 7. Not a bad arrangement for those outstanding rooms. If you buy an ocean view room, you’ll have one of the front facing suites. If not the ocean view rooms, the one I like is the partial ocean view, building 3, 3rd floor.

They all have something to recommend them though!

Kaki

Buenos Dias Barbara!

Thus far out of all the buildings that I have stayed in Blg 3 has been my fav! I have had various rooms in several of the buildings giving me all kinds of views of the property!

I was just looking at some of my older pics last night remembering…WHEN…ah…it is so much fun to have been there to see it grow the way that it has!

I remember staying in what was then called bldg 3 …but is NOW bldg 4…that is when they were erecting bldg 1 and 3 the new bldgs and the infinity pool…wow…that was such fun to watch…and see CDM grow…and it never once affected my time there!

Then going back and being able to stay in the NEW bldg 3!!! WOW!

I know the plan has been to have bldgs 5 and 7 on the far side of the property be the “Preferreed Club Buildings” I can’t wait to get down there in January and see how that finally turned out! The rooms I got to see in June were spectacular!

I want to see bldg 4 too! I am wondering if they are going to designate that for certain tour companies…

I know that bldg 2 and 3 at different points in time had been designated for Apple Guests. And bldg 5 and 7 had been designated for Thomas Cook and Thompson guests and some others…so it will be interesting in January to find out how they are going to do those new designations…

So I guess the short answer would be bldg 3 thus far has been my FAV…

Sorry to have digressed…

Happy Travels!
bb/mt ;D

Muchos Gracias Kaki and Baltobabe.

Interesting that you both like bldg 3 although I must admit from the resort map it looks like bldg 2 would offer better views.

Which room should I ask for to be at the ocean end of bldg 3. We prefer a room on the third floor.

I know the room…3330!

That said, you may indeed want to request a room “near the beach”, “third floor”, etc. without pinpointing the room. Let the hotel know what you’re looking for in general in case the room in particular is unavailable.

I do love that room though! It is the last (first?) room on the floor so right at the top of the stairs and has the double sized balcony while also being a private balcony. The same room on the 2nd floor isn’t so private because people in the front facing suites will be entering their rooms beside the balcony and many people come to the look off there for the views.

Good luck to you on that!

Kaki

Hi there, this is my first post on this site, but was hoping that you could be of some assitance to me. I will be arriving at CDM on Dec 6 with my 4 and 7 year old children. I was just wondering if any of the A La Carte restaurants allow children in them or if they are all adults only.

Thanks.

[quote=@nancyv]Hi there, this is my first post on this site, but was hoping that you could be of some assitance to me. I will be arriving at CDM on Dec 6 with my 4 and 7 year old children. I was just wondering if any of the A La Carte restaurants allow children in them or if they are all adults only.

Thanks.[/quote]

Hi Nancy!

Best to check with Guest Services and the SUNdial News letter when you arrive.

At one point ALL ala allowed children then recently Oceana became adults only…so by December there may be a change…but it would never be more than only 1 ala carte that would be adults only…all others would be child friendly.

Happy Travels!

bb/mt ;D

Thanks for the information,

I am now counting the days till I arrive and from all that I have read here and on other forums I am soooo looking forward to arriving.

Kaki thanks that is the room I want. I have seen it shown in your pics before so I will email Kerry in early Jan and ask if that room is available or one on third floor of bldg 3 at least.

GGB, tell Kerry you’re from Saskatoon and see if that gets you anywhere! She told me last week that she saw something about Regina and Saskatoon on Regis and Kelly and had a laugh!

Kaki

Thanks Kaki, I will give that a try. Every little bit helps I think.

Finally the prices have come down, I think this may now be on our list for January, it wasn’t on before because it was a bit too much.

Kaki – I was going to look into possibly getting the room in bldg 3 that you suggested (I believe it was 3330) but since your already going to be there can you suggest a good room on the second floor? We are not looking for deluxe rooms – just the standard ones. I’ll be there Feb 13 to 27 – we should meet for a few drinks!!! Thanks again for your help – thanks to Baltobabe also – the two of you are better than a travel advisor. Both of you should get “frequent quest” points – it appears your probably the resorts best visitors.

I’ll be posting more questions as the time gets near, can’t wait. Kaki I’ll be emailing regarding excursion suggestions if you do not mind.

PJ, I don’t ever ask for a particular room so I never know where I’ll end up. For that trip in February, I will be traveling with my Mom so we will need 2 beds which opens up Room 3330 to other people (it’s a king room)!! You can go ahead and request it if you like, but it may already be allocated to somebody else too. One never knows. There are lots of good rooms to choose from. I like building 3 for the location by the infinity pool and the great views, but also because it will still have bathtubs (I like to bring bathbombs and bubbles and moisturizing bath melts and have restful skin soothing soaks while on my vacations!) but I believe the new and perfectly beautiful rooms will have a fab shower stall thing. I read a recent review where somebody said that the fact that CDM had tubs (with shower) was a demerit. Different strokes I guess! If you want the newest and most modern rooms, they will be in buildings 2 and 4.

As always, I recommend that you send Kerry a note (concierge@dreamslaromana.com.do) and tell her what you’re looking for, be it a central room or one with an ocean view or 3rd floor with vaulted ceiling, or 1st floor if you want a smoking room, or one of the newest rooms or one with a bathtub… They will do the very best that they can for you with your request.

I really look forward to meeting you then! I will be traveling with my mom and my best friend’s entire family (17 of them). I just know that the whole hotel will be our playground and 2 weeks and a day is not enough time for me. There are a few others who have been in touch with me who will be there then too. Lots of new friends to be made.

I’ll look for your e-mail.

Kaki

My TO tellls me today if i want to stay to CDM i must sign a paper and they give me 100 euros less because there is noise with the workers
Is anybody knows when the renovations finish for bloc 5 and 7 and for the restaurants???
They tell me that not all restaurants will be open
Please help me i’m going there the 15 of december

[quote=@cuneo]My TO tellls me today if i want to stay to CDM i must sign a paper and they give me 100 euros less because there is noise with the workers
Is anybody knows when the renovations finish for bloc 5 and 7 and for the restaurants???
They tell me that not all restaurants will be open
Please help me i’m going there the 15 of december[/quote]

Hi Cundeo,

I would suggest you write down to Kerry at Dreams LaRomana

Kerry Cosentino
concierge@dreamslaromana.com.do

A friend of mine has shared some recent pics if you would like to see them …

[URL=http://community.webshots.com/photo/2177145150056614800MbCviW][/URL]

click on pic above to see more there are about 50 new pictures there of the lobby bar both outside and inside the lobby and the new stores there!

From what I understand they are still working on bldg 5 and 7 what was bld 6 is going to be the preferred club lounge. Building 1, 3 and 4 are open now and they are re doing bldg 2.

And as each day goes by things are getting done and opening up.

I would really suggest that you email Kerry.

Happy Travels!

bb//mt ;D