Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Dreams Palm Beach - Any New Info?

I see that Dreams just started a short promotion for bookings at their 5 new resorts, so I was wondering if there are any updates regarding the progress at Palm Beach. Thinking about a trip in the April / May timeframe…

Hi msubb,

April / May should be perfecto! I am planning a trip there in January.

I have been in touch with Linda Cappelli the GM and she is pleased with the progress that is going on. She said the new pools look spectacular!

Have you been over to their website…

No new pics yet…maybe they will put some up later…

http://www.dreamsresorts.com/drepb/index.html

Happy Travels,
bb/mt ;D

[quote]

I am planning a trip there in January.

I have been in touch with Linda Cappelli the GM and she is pleased with the progress that is going on. She said the new pools look spectacular!

Happy Travels,
bb/mt ;D[/quote]

Hi Balto Babe we were looking at Dreams PB for the end of January, do you happen to still have Linda Capelli’s contact information? I was wanting to contact someone there to see how their renos were going and if they were on schedule still.

cheers,

Zed

I will be there on Dec 6, and will send you all a review and links to pics.

Do I understand that Dreams PB is a brand-new resort opening next month?? I know that Dreams Punta Cana has been open for some time now and is about 50 to 60 minutes from the airport.

According to the Signature book, Dreams PB is 20 minutes from the airport and pricing on ytt.com for 2 weeks out of Edmonton in late January is very attractive!!

[quote=@writfiler]Do I understand that Dreams PB is a brand-new resort opening next month?? I know that Dreams Punta Cana has been open for some time now and is about 50 to 60 minutes from the airport.

According to the Signature book, Dreams PB is 20 minutes from the airport and pricing on ytt.com for 2 weeks out of Edmonton in late January is very attractive!![/quote]

Hi writfiler,

Dreams Palm Beach Bavaro is 20 minutes from the airport. Before it started its transition into a “Dreams” it was briefly a SUNscape and before that an Allegro.

In 2008 I was there in January as it was just transitioning from Allegro to SUNscape, then visited again this past April to see how the transition was going. It was shortly after that visit that the owners decided they wanted to upgrade the resort to operate under the Dreams Brand.

They closed down in June and started a major overhaul! The rooms buildings are all being re done from the inside out, there was also some demolition of some older buildings to make room for the new restaurants and pool and more.

Hope this info helps!
Happy Travels,
bb/mt ;D

[quote=@zedhead][quote]

I am planning a trip there in January.

Happy Travels,
bb/mt ;D[/quote]

Hi Balto Babe we were looking at Dreams PB for the end of January, do you happen to still have Linda Capelli’s contact information? I was wanting to contact someone there to see how their renos were going and if they were on schedule still.

cheers,

Zed[/quote]

Hi Zed,

I spoke with Linda last week and the renos are going great!

I have pm’d you with the info you wanted. I don’t like to put email addys for managers on the forum…

Happy Travels,
bb/mt ;D

the vaca in january may be a possibility,
but for the prior post mentioning decmber 6th i would wait for santa claus to hand over the room keys.
cheers
Mike

[quote=@mikefisher]the vaca in january may be a possibility,
but for the prior post mentioning decmber 6th i would wait for santa claus to hand over the room keys.
cheers
Mike[/quote]

LOL Mike…I do know someone who is going to be dressing up to play Santa…hehehe!

Happy Travels All!

bb/mt ;D

[quote=@mikefisher]the vaca in january may be a possibility,
cheers
Mike[/quote]

Evidently Santa thinks that I have been a bad girl so there would be no trip from him…Luckily the husband dosen’t agree, we like to think of it as an early christmas present to ourselves and generally try to go somewhere HOT every December!