Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Dreams Palm Beach on 12/21/08

Hi,
Any reviews for Dreams Palm Beach? Did it actually open on the 10th of Dec.? We are headed there on the 21st of Dec with our two children and are hoping all of the ammenities mentioned on their website are in place and functioning. I heard that the tennis courts would not be available but the resort next door would provide theirs and that windsurfing would be available 20 minutes away from the resort. (Not good for us.) Any up-to-date info would be appreciated!!
Happy Holidays!

[quote=@jbeachgirl]Hi,
Any reviews for Dreams Palm Beach? Did it actually open on the 10th of Dec.? We are headed there on the 21st of Dec with our two children and are hoping all of the ammenities mentioned on their website are in place and functioning. I heard that the tennis courts would not be available but the resort next door would provide theirs and that windsurfing would be available 20 minutes away from the resort. (Not good for us.) Any up-to-date info would be appreciated!!
Happy Holidays![/quote]

The resort recieved its first guest this past Saturday, December 13th.

Each day more things are being completed…so not sure when the courts will be up and running.

I think by next Monday we may start seeing some reviews coming in…I hope so anyway…

Not sure how great windsurfing would be in that area …but did find out that the watersports is being provided by SeaPro…

Hope this is helpful,
Happy Travels,
bb/mt ;D

Ive read some awful reviews on other sites. However Ive been to PC before and Ive learned that you take those (the bad reviews) with a grain of salt unless youve actually been in country at that resort before. But I didnt know that the Palm beach was just renovated? Does the company (Dreams) have a webs site dedicated to that info?

The reviews that are up there are the ones from when it was SUNscape Punta Cana and Allegro.

Dreams does have a website:

http://www.dreamsresorts.com/drepb/index.html

There is a navagation bar at the top so you can see a lot of info on the resort.

Also they have a Dreams Forum that you can access from that page by clicking “Dreams Experience” and a pop down menu has some choices … forum is one of them.

Hope this info is helpful,
Happy Travels,
bb/mt ;D

Thanks Baltobabe. I’ll think twice about telling apple to take a hike when they want to send us to Palm Beach

But you must open an account to see what is being discussed.
Silly!, here you only need an account to post.

[quote=@jbeachgirl]Hi,
Any reviews for Dreams Palm Beach? Did it actually open on the 10th of Dec.? [/quote]
We were on the property three days ago and what I saw looked stunning. I took lots of photos and hope to get them posted ASAP. It appeared to be a soft opening and I didn’t see a lot of guests. The staff we met seemed super friendly. There’s still some construction work going on but it appeared to be quiet stuff (plumbing, electrical, outfitting rooms and similar).

[quote=@bobfromcanada][quote=@jbeachgirl]Hi,
Any reviews for Dreams Palm Beach? Did it actually open on the 10th of Dec.? [/quote]
We were on the property three days ago and what I saw looked stunning. I took lots of photos and hope to get them posted ASAP. It appeared to be a soft opening and I didn’t see a lot of guests. The staff we met seemed super friendly. There’s still some construction work going on but it appeared to be quiet stuff (plumbing, electrical, outfitting rooms and similar).[/quote]

Oh Bob…I can’t wait to see the pics! I am on pins and needles to go back and see it all in January! I am sure there are a ton of others who are as excited as I am to see it!

thanks!
bb/mt ;D

come on guys,
who’s been there for the opening??
no comments?
Mike

[quote=@bobfromcanada][quote=@jbeachgirl]Hi,
We were on the property three days ago and what I saw looked stunning. I took lots of photos and hope to get them posted ASAP. It appeared to be a soft opening and I didn’t see a lot of guests. The staff we met seemed super friendly. There’s still some construction work going on but it appeared to be quiet stuff (plumbing, electrical, outfitting rooms and similar).[/quote]

and here is one of the first reports on Trip Advisor…obvious to me another that opened too soon

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k2433468-Dreams_Palm_Beach_Review-Punta_Cana_Dominican_Republic.html

[quote=@hlywud][quote=@bobfromcanada]

and here is one of the first reports on Trip Advisor…obvious to me another that opened too soon

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k2433468-Dreams_Palm_Beach_Review-Punta_Cana_Dominican_Republic.html[/quote]

There are several including this one

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k2204646-Dreams_Palm_Beach_in_Punta_Cana_New-Punta_Cana_Dominican_Republic.html

over on tripadvisor …there are soome bad and some good. I am reading them all with great intrest and looking forward to making up my own mind when I arrive on January 15th.

Happy Travels!
bb/mt ;D

[quote=@mikefisher]come on guys,
who’s been there for the opening??
no comments?
Mike[/quote]

no ones make posts, you must goes a looks is close your house, is not

we fish with you again soon

Imre