Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Dreams Palm Beach Resort any update

hello,

is anyone considering this resort for winter 2009? It appears that they have pumped a lot of $$ renovating.
your thoughts on booking with resorts that have been renovated vs newly built.

remember the Eden H last year with all it’s post!!

Well I will be there in 22 days, so I will write a review and let you know what I thought. From what I have seen and heard it does look like it will be amazing.

[quote=@ald1]hello,

is anyone considering this resort for winter 2009? It appears that they have pumped a lot of $$ renovating.
your thoughts on booking with resorts that have been renovated vs newly built.

remember the Eden H last year with all it’s post!![/quote]

Hi there ald1,

I will be goingto Dreams Palm Beach in January! I was there last January when it was first transitioning from Allegro to SUNscape and then again in April to visit it as it was SUNscape Punta Cana.

Last April I also visited SUNscape Casa Del Mar, Dreams Punta Cana, EdenH and SUNscape Punta Cana all in the same visit.

Commenting on visiting an already established resort CDM, a transitioning resort both Dreams PC and SUNscape Punta Cana and a new resort EdenH…

I had a good experience at each of them…knowing that anytime one travels things happen…

I found EdenH a very nice hotel that had just opened and was having some “birthing” pains…but after coming back and watching the reviews…I am glad that I got to see it when I did! And I think that the management team handled all the issues very well.

At Dreams Punta Cana and SUNscape Punta Cana transitions were still going on…they had both been in transition Dreams Punta Cana was SUNscape The Beach…I think they and their team did a great job keeping the resort open as they transitioned from one brand into another.

Both Dreams and SUNscapes are AMResorts brands you can read more about them at

www.amresorts.com

My visits in January and April to SUNscape Punta Cana were both great and it was fun to compare how their transition was going.

After my April visit I found out that the owners of the hotel decided to close it down and do some major renovations and step up to the Dreams Brand! It should be an amazing transformation and I am looking forward to going down and seeing it in January.

Happy Travels to you!

bb/mt ;D

BB I’m interested in your review as a Dreams Resort, we were there when it was an Allegro Resort and we were way less than impressed with food and restaurant choices and with the Bar Service as well…Although the rooms were good, the whole experience left us not wanting to return to that property.

EDinNB

[quote=@southernnber]
BB I’m interested in your review as a Dreams Resort, we were there when it was an Allegro Resort and we were way less than impressed with food and restaurant choices and with the Bar Service as well…Although the rooms were good, the whole experience left us not wanting to return to that property.

EDinNB[/quote]

Hi Ed

I can tell you from my 2 trips there last year I saw a big improvement in the food, service and whole ambiance from January when I first went to my trip in April…they had really stepped up their game.

It’s not easy “birthing” a hotel or stepping up to the next branded level…a lot goes into it.

When I am there I am planning to do a “live from” post and you know you can count on me to share…pics and answers…will do my best to answer any questions.

I really enjoy the location of the resort…and it had a lot of posibillites so I will keep you informed as to what I find.

Happy Travels,
bb/mt ;D

i’ve not been impressed by it before they closed it down to finally make the needed renos.
you are booked to visit in 22 days??
what is their actually sheduled opening day?
Mike

I heard that the opening is on Dec. 6th

hey neighbour,
how’s it going in ole germany?
dec 6th,
that’s just 3 weeks away, let’s see what’s up then.
hopefully Santa Claus will not get delayed this year, lol.
thanks for the info, i only read everywhere december but could not remember a day
happy weekend
Mike

I heard now that the date of the opening change to Dec. 21st

Well I received an e-mail from them yesterday stating that they would be moving the opening date to DECEMBER 10! Unfortunately for me I was booked to be there on Dec 6…they will be moving us to Dreams Punta Cana.

Go for it that is an definite upgrade.

:sunglasses: Well at this point all I want is a nice clean resort with a good kids club, good food, hot sun and of course “COCKTAILS” :sunglasses: