Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Dreams Punta Canta, or Dreams La Romana?

Me and my girlfriend are doing our first vacation to the caribbean and we decided on the 2 dreams resorts. Just wanted to hear insight about the two areas and maybe if someones been to both. I also glanced at the Palm Beach one in Punta cana and it didn’t look too bad. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike

Hi Mike!

I just got back from visiting all 3 of the Dreams Resorts in the Dominican Republic

You can see my shots here:

Dreams LaRomana:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569602380qoAonI

Dreams Punta Cana:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569646460ogazlt

Dreams Palm Beach

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569657411jERYQD

I would be happy to try and answer any specific questions you have on any of them…

Dreams Punta Cana has more waves in the Ocean because of its location

Dreams LaRomana is a more calm ocean because it is on the Caribbean side.

Dreams Palm Beach is more calm than Dreams Punta Cana but still not as calm as Dreams LaRomana

Hope this helps a bit…

Happy Travels,
bb/mt ;D

Which resort were you mostly impressed with?

I feel like theres a lot more money in the Punta cana dreams. We almost did a apple deal where they would pick one of the 3 dreams for a discounted price, but I dont like the fact of not knowing exactly where im going until I get off the plan in the DR.

The beach, atmosphere, and night life are the biggest things were looking for.

Thanks
Mike

One thing to look at is where you are flying into - if it is Punta Cana Airport there is a big difference in the distances to the resorts - Palm Beach would be the closest at about 20-30mins, DPC would be about an hour and La Romana would be about 1.5-2 hrs. Just something to keep in mind.

[quote=@rdmg]Which resort were you mostly impressed with?

I feel like theres a lot more money in the Punta cana dreams. We almost did a apple deal where they would pick one of the 3 dreams for a discounted price, but I dont like the fact of not knowing exactly where im going until I get off the plan in the DR.

The beach, atmosphere, and night life are the biggest things were looking for.

Thanks
Mike[/quote]

Mike asking a which I was impressed with is like which of your “children” is your favorite…hehehe!

All of them have something special to offer for sure…

Sakie mentions a good point about the travel time.

I used to be able to fly into LRM / LaRomana Airport until USA3000 discontinued that flight…it was a seasonal thing…they may start it back up again…I hope so!

So for the past little while now all of my flights go from BWI to PUJ…I don’t mind the ride to LaRomana it is like Sakie says about 1.5 to 2 hours depending on traffic and I find it an interesting ride.

Happy Travels!
bb/mt ;D

Decided on Dreams Punta Cana. The Palm Beach resort really doesnt do anything for me I’m sure I’m probably wrong, but very happy with my decision. Anyone have any rain problems in the month of february?

Thanks
Mike

[quote=@rdmg]Decided on Dreams Punta Cana. The Palm Beach resort really doesnt do anything for me I’m sure I’m probably wrong, but very happy with my decision. Anyone have any rain problems in the month of february?

Thanks
Mike[/quote]

Congrats on your deciding! I think you will be pleased!

Happy Travels!
bb/mt ;D