Home | Dominican Republic | Write a Review | Blog | Advertise

Drinks at the Catalonia Royal Bavaro?

Hello all,
this is my first post, although I’ve been “lurking” for quite some time… :wink:

Does anyone know what brands of alcohol (in particular vodka) they have at the Royal section of the Catalonia?

My husband and I stayed at the “regular” side of the Catalonia 2 years ago. Loved the resort and had a great time, but did feel the drink selection wasn’t the greatest. This time we upgraded (we’re going March 2-10) and are wondering if they have a different drink selection on the Royal side… we’re hoping to find some flavored vodkas - maybe some Absolut or Smirnoff? Either way, it’s not a deal-breaker (especially since we already booked!), just wondering…

Thanks to everyone on these boards, it’s been so helpful & informative!!!

-Meags

My wife and I will be there Feb 05-19. If you send me a reminder we check and see.

rgm

Thanks! Hope you have a great time!
-Meags

We just returned from the “regular” side yesterday. I may be missing something, but I don’t understand what the attraction is to the Royal side. The beach is tiny (and seemed to have a lot more seaweed) and the people sitting there didn’t seem to be having nearly as much fun as the people on the “regular” side, where the beach is about 10 times bigger. If the only thing you get on the Royal is better drinks (as well as adults only…which didn’t really bother us on the “regular” side as we didn’t see a ton of kids) it doesn’t seem worth paying extra.

Hey Meagsie! We leave for the Catalonia Royal in 39.5 hours - roughly! I will personally take on the task of doing this research for you. In fact, as a fellow “lurker”, I will go above and beyond the call of duty and run an in-depth taste test operation. I pledge to try each and every vodka in every applicable cocktail so that I can give you an honest, unbiased report. It won’t be easy, but for you, I will power through it. The only hard part might be remembering… heh. Talk to you in 2 weeks and 2 days!

Ah, yes - it’s a tough job, sailorgirl, but someone’s got to do it…have a blast!

Thanks - that’s the plan! I am sitting here in front of the computer, waiting anxiously for 5:35 to arrive. (That’s what time our ride to the airport is coming…) I guess I’ll have a sore back if I stay in this chair for another 6.5 hours, but I’m too excited to sleep! Our bags are packed and piled by the door ~ it took 5 repacks to try and get under the weight limit. After much deliberations about what to throw back and which bags are the heaviest on their own, we are now good to go - with 2 pounds to spare! thanks for all the good advice, everyone! I will have a full review posted shortly after coming home, I promise!